• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

The 3km NAM is about the worst case scenario for ILM. Still pounding them after this.

I have family from ILM staying with me. Not sure how this will work out for them.

A7B4AD10-35FA-487A-AFC7-A444E55BD37D.png

The nams are interesting. Maybe a slacking off this afternoon and evening then things pick back up again tomorrow as it moves west into sc..I see people posting on FB already that florence isn't bad. That's like saying an ice storm wasn't bad after the first hour of freezing drizzle

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Raleigh was fortunate Flo tracks sw this morning though today. Had it tracked due west then north once it made landfall it would have been bad for us. Going to be bad for the NC/SC border counties and the coast I can’t imagine.

This is nam at freaking 39 hrs. Still 20-30 sustained with 925s of 50-70kt we will still be kicking gusts of 40-45. Oh and this is when the heaviest rain axis rotates through so we will be much better at mixing down
f7415d2027f5e938d1d6ea2f81c50b70.jpg
4b87a8fcacab99dc18a58551ba0ffaa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got a special weather statement for a heavy shower with weak rotation moving my way.

Another warning.... also getting closer

Tornado Warning
Tornado Warning
NCC015-141445-
/O.NEW.KAKQ.TO.W.0013.180914T1415Z-180914T1445Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Wakefield VA
1015 AM EDT FRI SEP 14 2018

The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Central Bertie County in northeastern North Carolina...

* Until 1045 AM EDT.

* At 1014 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a
tornado was located over Windsor, moving west at 45 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

Could Columbia be shift in heavy rain? Mets seem to be concern maybe for a shift for Cola to be in heavy rain. What you guys think??

HAHA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I take issues with the fact that he has to call those individuals village idiots.... this is the part I don't get, want to debate models fine but why get childish about it? Anyway wrong thread... lol

Just an FYI for anyone in eastern North Carolina depending on a NOAA weather radio...

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEWPORT/MOREHEAD CITY NC
947 AM EDT FRI SEP 14 2018

...OUTAGES AT ALL EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA NOAA WEATHER RADIO TRANSMITTER
SITES...

ALL NOAA WEATHER RADIO (NWR) TRANSMITTERS IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA
SUPPORTED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE (NWS) MOREHEAD CITY ARE DOWN.
WINDS FROM HURRICANE FLORENCE HAVE DISRUPTED SERVICE FOR THE FOLLOWING
NWR TRANSMITTER SITES:

KXI95 IN WARSAW IN DUPLIN COUNTY
KIG77 IN CAPE HATTERAS ON THE OUTER BANKS
KEC84 IN NEW BERN IN CRAVEN COUNTY
WWH26 IN MAIMEE IN CURRITUCK COUNTY

GIVEN THE LIFE THREATENING WEATHER RISKS ACROSS THE REGION, LISTENERS
ARE ENCOURAGED TO MONITOR SURROUNDING NWR BROADCASTS IF AVAILABLE BY
CHANGING YOUR RADIO FREQUENCY. USERS SHOULD ALSO SET THEIR INDIVIDUAL
CELL PHONES FOR WEATHER EMERGENCY ALERTS.

IF POWER AND INTERNET ACCESS ARE STILL AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA, YOU CAN
FIND INFORMATION ON SETTING CELL PHONE ALERTS AT
WWW.WEATHER.GOV/WRN/WEA. ADDITIONAL AND MORE DETAILED INFORMATION IS
AVAILABLE ON WWW.WEATHER.GOV/MHX. PLEASE FOLLOW @NWSMOREHEADCITY ON
TWITTER AND FACEBOOK AND SHARE ANY STORM REPORTS.

Is this an ok thread for talking tornados associated with Flo? That was a pretty good couplet that came ashore over Orential. And hearing towards east of New Bern

Is this an ok thread for talking tornados associated with Flo? That was a pretty good couplet that came ashore over Orential. And hearing towards east of New Bern
Yes absolutely this the the all encompassing Flo thread, forecast, obs, warnings, etc...

Looks stalled out to me atm, is this temporary or indication a westward movement could be sooner..... way too early to tell. Either way those poor folks down there! Dang

Back