• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Landfall officially in Wilmington very soon. Think Mike Sidell is in Wilmington but over on the mainland I'm sure. Imagine all the beaches, which are Barrier islands in NC along Onslow Bay from Kure/Carolina back around to Atlantic Beach are in bad shape from Surge.

New Bern has had it as about as bad as it can get from Surge pushing the Pamlico Sound back up into the mouth of the Neuse River and Trent River. Massive flooding taking shape there and after today its gonna reverse course and be coming back down at them from the river basin flooding after Florence rains herself out.
I think Stephanie Abrams is in Wilmington

0z ECMWF peak wind gust forecast. Even w/ Florence weakening, the wind threat won't drop to 0 for inland areas like Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, & Charlotte, wind gusts of 40-45 KTS given the amount of rain that may fall could be enough to cause downed trees & power lines.

ecmwf_max_gust_northcarolina_84.png

0z ECMWF peak wind gust forecast. Even w/ Florence weakening, the wind threat won't drop to 0 for inland areas like Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, & Charlotte, wind gusts of 40-45 KTS given the amount of rain that may fall could be enough to cause downed trees & power lines.

View attachment 6385
How will this pan out, with Euro looking like the outlier, and slightly shifting N with its track? Should wind field be slightly more N!

honestly its still amazing that there is that much difference btwn the GFS and EURO
Yep, obviously as we have noted many times before with the difference in the outputs of the models, it is the physics differences programmed into each model which largely determines the end result. In this particular case the GFS had the superior input than the EURO. Either that or one's math equations are better than the other, kind of like my brother, he sucks at math :D

The latest HRRR is driving her SW along the coastline of SC (near MYR) at the end of its latest run.

Looks like she’s turning more wsw now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly looks that way, may move south along the coastline after all...
Imby weather will be improving throughout the day as it slides south, peak wind gust of 29 although I was awakened at 3:30 am with a tornado warning. The radar indicated rotation moved right over my house but no winds or issues with it as it passed.
Still curious to see what you guys in the triangle end up with rain wise, it could be a nuisance event to major issues in Wake y'all right on that border

Great coverage on Weather Channel this morning. Eye is over wrightsville ,gone dead calm and could see it dyeing off right over Abrams last segment. SE NC has taken a beating and still has along way to go next several days. River flooding is gonna be epic. NWS officially declared landfall at wrightsville. The wilm nws has gone out I'm hearing. Probably power failure.

Back on now. Reported official gust in Wilmington 105 so far.

Conditions will likely progressively go downhill here in the southwestern Piedmont & Charlotte metro beginning later this evening into tonight. The 3km NAM keeps 50-60 mph gusts here for hours on end, with the potential for a foot or more of rain, power outages seem at least probable here.

Do you NC people . I have no clue where this is
e50603d2259d011c90876327fdd6cb6e.png

Getting frequent gusts of 30-35 this morning max so far 38

Not sure if that band near pgv makes it here but I don't like the look of it
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah dodged another bullet.

Back