• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

This area isn't going anywhere anytime soon going to be some huge numbers and issues there
3e1a474ea401e6d157f6f4439542189b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I take issues with the fact that he has to call those individuals village idiots.... this is the part I don't get, want to debate models fine but why get childish about it? Anyway wrong thread... lol

True and you right. I probably shouldn’t have laughed at it because name calling isn’t cool. I think I was laughing at from more of this is typical behavior from him at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This area isn't going anywhere anytime soon going to be some huge numbers and issues there
3e1a474ea401e6d157f6f4439542189b.jpg

I'm really not looking forward to when large-scale onshore flow sets in as Florence moves west of the southern NC coast. The bands are going to become much more intense especially southeast of Raleigh towards Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Wilmington, etc.

Hopefully you don't get too much because I can't even put words to what's about to happen down in Fayetteville & points southeastward.
Agreed. Fayetteville looks to get absolutely pounded. I think we end up with maybe 3-4” here.

True and you right. I probably shouldn’t have laughed at it because name calling isn’t cool. I think I was laughing at from more of this is typical behavior from him at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol my comments not directed at you just used your post to make my point.... back to regular scheduled thread haha

I'm really not looking forward to when large-scale onshore flow sets in as Florence moves west of the southern NC coast. The bands are going to become much more intense especially southeast of Raleigh towards Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Wilmington, etc.
I'm starting to wonder about the tornado potential on Sunday and Monday. We should start generating some decent cape and see bands of SE to NW oriented storms

Not thrilled about adding northwest movement, that main band of rain has made it to the house now. Had a gust to 49 not too long ago
Yeah man about to get fun there, keep the updates coming....

Glad my daughter came home from CU

The upglide is finally starting to kick in up this way,thanks to topography. Wind swept drizzle has established itself for the rest of the day most likely until we get some bands to pivot back this way

Eric, the flooding southern NC sees is going to be something we’ve never seen before I’m afraid. Models are spitting out ridiculous 30-50” totals which are very realistic with the duration expected and may be too low as well.

Yeah man about to get fun there, keep the updates coming....

Glad my daughter came home from CU

That eastern part of Harnett is a rough place to be man its a different world down that way as you know.
Yeah that eastern part of Harnett usually gets it pretty bad
In case anyone interested in keeping track of NC power outages, which at the moment is over 500K

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/north carolina
This is really cool.

Back