• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

This may be more than a wobble, starting to have doubts it ever makes LF in NC.... SC peeps get prepared

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Maybe...a lot of models have been showing a wobbly motion that eventually makes lf and continues to wobble in various directions. But maybe the Euro has been exactly right for days and it never will come ashore.

Maybe...a lot of models have been showing a wobbly motion that eventually makes lf and continues to wobble in various directions. But maybe the Euro has been exactly right for days and it never will come ashore.
NAM not backing down, landfall just north of ILM

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The one thing that really worries me with this storm is where the rain will be falling inland, during Matthew, which produced catastrophic flooding in my neck of the woods, we mostly had in-situ 12"+ totals, now there's gonna be a ton of extra water falling upstream in the river basins that wasn't there in Matthew plus in-situ amounts here may be higher. Lumberton is so screwed.
Sweet! I'm right near lumberton Thanks for not answering my pm btw

Still nothing crazy but a noticeable uptick in wind over the last half hour or so at the house

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
NAM says be patient it's coming...

sfcwind_mslp.us_ma.png

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM EDT...0200 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...34.0N 76.7W
ABOUT 50 MI...80 KM S OF MOREHEAD CITY NORTH CAROLINA
ABOUT 70 MI...115 KM ESE OF WILMINGTON NORTH CAROLINA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...100 MPH...160 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 305 DEGREES AT 5 MPH...8 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...956 MB...28.23 INCHES

I know Bastardi gets a lot of crap here, and sometimes rightfully so, with his tendancy to over hype everything. No denying though that he is very good at pattern recognition and stays out of forecasting for specific areas because he is not so good at that.

Back