• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical MAJOR Hurricane Beryl 2024

Wouldn't go off that one satellite with that huge flare up in the east side. Could just be clouded over with cirrus as that eastern semicircle goes nuts. Microwave data would be much more accurate
Yeah that image was at 4:45am AST and I just didn't think 4-5 hours would be enough time to clear the eye and begin the ramp-up in intensity. Wind field sure got bigger. Carriacou is going to be devastated!

Yeah that image was at 4:45am AST and I just didn't think 4-5 hours would be enough time to clear the eye and begin the ramp-up in intensity. Wind field sure got bigger. Carriacou is going to be devastated!
It did it in pretty impressive time. Hole it's not a harbinger of the potential for RI amd strong storms this year but with the water temps being so much above avg its not a good sign

It did it in pretty impressive time. Hole it's not a harbinger of the potential for RI amd strong storms this year but with the water temps being so much above avg its not a good sign
I thought I saw the temps in that area were 84 right now. I'll have to look up what the normal average is. It was warm in February because I was swimming in it!

The temperatures in Grenada are pretty consistent year round... about 73-75 at night and 85-87 during the day. The humidity runs about 80%. It's like a Louisiana Spring year-round! I've never been anywhere outside the US until this year and Grenada was like paradise. I made some welcome changes in my life after seeing the sunrise for 21 days.

Next update scheduled for less than an hour from now.

Highlighted 31 KM/H for easy math for less than 3 hours from Carriacou Island.

900 AM AST Mon Jul 1 2024

...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 BERYL CLOSE TO LANDFALL IN THE
WINDWARD ISLANDS...
...900 AM POSITION UPDATE...

Beryl is nearing the Windward Islands and expected to make landfall
within the next few hours.

A weather station in Barbados recently reported a sustained wind of
44 mph (71 km/h) and a gust of 60 mph (95 km/h).

Another position update will be provided at 1000 AM AST (1400 UTC).

SUMMARY OF 900 AM AST...1300 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...12.1N 60.8W
ABOUT 60 MI...100 KM E OF GRENADA
ABOUT 55 MI...90 KM ESE OF CARRIACOU ISLAND
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 285 DEGREES AT 20 MPH...31 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...957 MB...28.26 INCHES

Back