• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical MAJOR Hurricane Beryl 2024

@TylerJStanfield
·
5m
It really cannot be overstated how anomalous this is.

Hurricane #Beryl is on the verge of becoming the first ever Category 4 in the Atlantic in June after breaking multiple records for further east hurricane and major hurricane.

This is an incredibly rare event.

Yet, we see it happening earlier and earlier the past few years, and the systems blow up from a tropical storm to a major hurricane in no time more and more.

Will be interesting to see what this means for the season as a whole. It developed into a major hurricane in a very unfavorable place and according to the GFS it will die out to a weak storm in what is usually a very favorable place.

1719786499001.png

Seems like a guy with initials of JB said there would be one or more hurricanes in June for first time ever back in March. Not bad whoever he is. Also said don't be surprised it hitting Texas coast
I think he said cold and snowy for the east coast and se for the last 8/10 winters, and he’s nailed those!
Anyhow, does anybody think this makes Cat 5 in the next day ?

Gonna be a late evening. Been lurking here for years and I have to thank y'all for helping me learn about canes. I moved from N. Louisiana to S. Louisiana in 2000 and became fascinated by canes in 2002 after Isidore and Lili came through within a week of each other. Now here I am 21 years later and I'm worried for my friends in Grenada.

I was in Grenada for 22 days this past Feb. and March for work. I met some great people and became good friends with several of them. The resort I worked at, which just opened in April, is probably going to be submerged. It's on the SE side of the island in La Sagesse Bay. I'm hoping for a best case scenario where the eye passes between Grenada and Carriacou. That would give them 110mph winds from the South about 12:00PM AST.

They will get a good punch, but it's better than a direct hit.

Eye has almost completely collapsed. I doubt it can recover before hitting Grenada. They may have dodged a bullet.

View attachment 148232eee
Wouldn't go off that one satellite with that huge flare up in the east side. Could just be clouded over with cirrus as that eastern semicircle goes nuts. Microwave data would be much more accurate

Back