• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

Happy Hour!
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_15.png

Gainesville --
This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 63. West wind around 13 mph.
Tonight
Widespread frost after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
Friday
Widespread frost before 9am.

;):p:D:cool:

Sorry ... just a bit ecstatic ...

Last edited:
Gainesville --
This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 63. West wind around 13 mph.
Tonight
Widespread frost after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
Friday
Widespread frost before 9am.

;):p:D:cool:

Sorry ... just a bit ecstatic ...
Don't you wish you could bottle up today and save it for a hot July or August day ?

The high here of only 59, which was the coldest since 2/3, is at the coldest normal high for midwinter. The low of 33 was the coldest since 1/31 and is near the coldest normal low in midwinter in Atlanta! So, we basically had a midwinter type of day on 3/8! I'm about to take a very enjoyable walk.

As a two week upcoming DC transplant I’ll take the 18z gfs and cash out
a34b423d378e5e81728a62e3a1a4380d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll take it also storm! Good lord it would be nice to get a good thumping of snow in march like this map shows. Give me a few more runs like this and have the euro jump on board and I may just get excited.

Good. I'd like to make it through March without major severe weather over here. I also don't want any near 80 degree days like we came close to in February.

Yeah I mean it’s a fluctuating pattern obviously as we head into spring but the this weekly run shows many cool downs and no real sustained warm/ Hot periods . Would be nice to have a below normal March and April

Yeah I mean it’s a fluctuating pattern obviously as we head into spring but the this weekly run shows many cool downs and no real sustained warm/ Hot periods . Would be nice to have a below normal March and April

I would much rather have a below normal June-August than a below normal March and April.

Any bloom that’s out there tonight will be dead or severely damaged in the morning here in the upstate. We go below freezing at 1am, bottom out at 28, and don’t get above freezing again until after 8am

Back