• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

We're getting to that time of day where if there's going to be any convective enhancement, it will commence soon.

Temperature still dropping here too. Down from 27 to 26. Airport seems to be holding steady at 28. The airport might get above freezing today but I doubt it will where I am.
Still dropping down to 25. We’re definitely not getting to 32 today. We might not even get out of the 20s today which might increase the chances of seeing teens tonight if the winds/clouds aren’t as big of a factor tonight. Airport hasn’t budged past 28 for the past 3 hrs.

Still dropping down to 25. We’re definitely not getting to 32 today. We might not even get out of the 20s today which might increase the chances of seeing teens tonight if the winds/clouds aren’t as big of a factor tonight. Airport hasn’t budged past 28 for the past 3 hrs.
Yeah, gone from 28 at 7am to 23 currently. Crazy how this cold has over performed. Now if we could just get the snow to cooperate...

Yeah, gone from 28 at 7am to 23 currently. Crazy how this cold has over performed. Now if we could just get the snow to cooperate...

We'll have to see if anything happens with this colder air aloft. Not sure how to tell if there's enough unstable air to stoke convective activity or not. But we can be damn sure its cold enough around 5000 ft off the ground.
1613493445938.png

We'll have to see if anything happens with this colder air aloft. Not sure how to tell if there's enough unstable air to stoke convective activity or not. But we can be damn sure its cold enough around 5000 ft off the ground.
View attachment 75542
Returns are starting to fizzle to our NW. So freaking predictable. ?

Finally up to 24 with light flurries falling. Some residual moisture from the snowpack to my north and west must be causing this low cloud deck to be preventing sunshine. At this rate my high will end up in the 20s for today.

Really stoked for the bama folks. My wife didn’t understand why I was so excited last night about the much lighter but 13 degree snow after the big event earlier in the day. To get snow and sleet this week with temps so cold will be one I remember for a long time. It’s rare to get snow in the single digits here but it happened this morning!
edit: The flakes look different at much colder temps almost like stars.

Back