• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Karen

I think Karen will prob not dance with Lorenzo but there is a handful of 50W past solutions that could. 2819177D-B239-4F10-9AFA-3E9DDECD102C.png

Any far west EPS scenarios for Lorenzo that would cause interference with Karen? Or too far apart?

Technically, due to the butterfly effect, all atmospheric entities have an effect on each other. However, I feel that Lorenzo is so far away that any effect from it on Karen will be small. However, Jerry is a horse of a different color.

I count ~30 surface lows out of 51 members. Only ~10 either stall well offshore or recurve. Out of the other 21, 7 hit the CONUS while the other ~14 either stay offshore the SE US or go toward the Caribbean.
Just need to monitor trends. I'm starting to think full dissipation is very unlikely, considering it's current structure and short term atmospheric conditions also the eps is fairly active (30 out of 51). As NHC mentioned in their discussion earlier a stronger more vertically stacked system will most likely head west. Although this stall is a new wrinkle....

12Z Euro: Only way this misses FL imo is if it goes south. Weakening due to shear.
Just getting a chance to look; sure appears to be weakening and it could have a bad stretch to cover ... but weak, no wind and some rain (other than this Saturday for the game and next Thursday/Friday for my 2 day annual sanity check in Cedar Key) would be a very welcomed sight ...

So one other thing since I need to be working hard right now on a court thing - is the NHC graphic subject to radical change for Karen? I'll study tonight but a quick answer if someone is inclined is/will be most appreciated!
Phil

Ir
So one other thing since I need to be working hard right now on a court thing - is the NHC graphic subject to radical change for Karen? I'll study tonight but a quick answer if someone is inclined is/will be most appreciated!
Phil
Not sure I completely understand the question mr. attorney Lol.... I'd say they are always subject to change, even radical change, but at this juncture in this case I'd say probably not. They look spot on atm

Ir

Not sure I completely understand the question mr. attorney Lol.... I'd say they are always subject to change, even radical change, but at this juncture in this case I'd say probably not. They look spot on atm
Thnaks ... sounds good; saw some of Larry's posts very quickly, and really did not read closely; back to a motion for summary judgment ...

18Z ICON hour 3 (5 PM EDT) has it just NE of PR, which is too far north by ~60 miles. Distances like that can make a big difference in the ultimate track on the run.

18Z GFS: furthest west of last 4 runs where it is stalling. might be related to the initialization.

Last edited:
This is messy
d899354ad7003773ac7f5c198c6283c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Looks like an eye tryin to form on satellite View attachment 23989
I'm sorry but I've seen this comment too much today and have to day again that there is NO eye forming at all. Eye formation requires a much lower pressure and especially to maintain one. There is no eye forming, but rather a small bit of dry air or the perception of one on IR with increasing convention around the center.

I'm sorry but I've seen this comment too much today and have to day again that there is NO eye forming at all. Eye formation requires a much lower pressure and especially to maintain one. There is no eye forming, but rather a small bit of dry air or the perception of one on IR with increasing convention around the center.
I’m sorry for that I was just trying to seek others opinion on my question. I am just a high schooler trying to learn more about tropical systems.

I’m sorry for that I was just trying to seek others opinion on my question. I am just a high schooler trying to learn more about tropical systems.

It’s all good man, Jerry tricked me a few days ago with that when it look like it had a eye, but was just some dry air, normally a eye starts to become favored below a pressure of 999, and looking at a radar and determining whether it looks organized on radar can help distinguish a eye or a exposed LLC/dry air

The real question for me is how much influence doe Jerry end up putting on Karen.....the faster and further NE she gets the less I think she is likely to end up making a run at the US as anything substantial......organizationally she looks ok and if she can get away from land in a lower shear environment then she could make a run at cane status fairly quickly I imagine...

I wouldn't get to excited with the Euro just yet. It has a known bias to over-intensify the ridge past 6 days. I'm watching for it to weaken and either send Karen up the SE coast or ots....hoping for the latter.

I wouldn't get to excited with the Euro just yet. It has a known bias to over-intensify the ridge past 6 days. I'm watching for it to weaken and either send Karen up the SE coast or ots....hoping for the latter.

I think they'll start getting a better handle on her intensity once she clears land gets under better conditions and we see how stacked she can get. Then after that it will be how much shear impacts her in the 5 day range. Models are all weak with her but if she is a stronger storm that may change some things in the modeling.

Back