• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

And of course, my area finally gets a direct hit from a strong t'storm when I'm out of town (Detroit)...

When I was a kid I lived in Goldsboro (..Dad in Air Force). You can add that place to the corridor. I think it's the sandy soil and flat terrain.
I always remember when I was growing up that whenever the Carolinas had our worst heatwaves, the Charlotte area would be around 100, but that corridor from Columbia to Raleigh would always be 104-107. I always wondered why that area seemed to get a few degrees hotter

I always remember when I was growing up that whenever the Carolinas had our worst heatwaves, the Charlotte area would be around 100, but that corridor from Columbia to Raleigh would always be 104-107. I always wondered why that area seemed to get a few degrees hotter
yeah, Raleigh can get into the eastern Carolina heat. There's times it can be hotter than the eastern areas. I think it's because the sea breeze front gets right to the Wake County boarder and then fizzles with the nighttime "cooling" (or stabilization).

Let’s see what those storms do as they head East, better cape here but more suppressive effects of a little ridge today

I drove from Charlotte to Charleston this afternoon from about 1pm to 4. Was 90 in Charlotte when I left. Crazy how the temps were 96 to 100 from Columbia to North Charleston, then when I crossed the bridges into Mt pleasant temp was only 84.

I drove from Charlotte to Charleston this afternoon from about 1pm to 4. Was 90 in Charlotte when I left. Crazy how the temps were 96 to 100 from Columbia to North Charleston, then when I crossed the bridges into Mt pleasant temp was only 84.

I can't imagine where it was 96....o_O

Looks like KATL had its second 90F day. I reached 88F at my house, warmest of the year.

As someone who works without AC in a warehouse setting we have no reason to complain about heat YET. It's late June and we have had some very pleasant days and I am not dying from heat stroke everyday.

scary tonight for Wilkes tonight poss dual night time tornadoes ? when thunder roars go indoors 3C76585A-CEBE-4710-BA41-41976AFA4BD0.jpeg

Question is will... these storms actually make into Charlotte? Short answer no, they won't. We'll have a dust storm in 2 hours. Buuutttt, one can dream, right? ? Edit: I know we're nowhere near a drought, it just get tiring watching storms go *poof* over CLT.

Last edited:
Back