• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

Can waterspouts form over Kerr Scott Dam west of Wilkesboro?

Are you asking if a tornado can form over a dam? Or are you just yanking our chain, because you know that waterspouts generally occur over a large body of water? Aka... not a dam...

Looks like I was right. Hickory NC storms firing up and now warnings coming into Shelby NC from upstate SC

May keep forming south to include Conover and western Iredell..

If they made a sitcom about Charlotte and it's magical ability to avoid storms it would go something like this...

Radar- Line of storms making a B-line right towards Charlotte.

Real life- Nah... we're just messing. You don't even get a light mist.

Radar- Oh look, Wadesboro and Albermarle look promising, let all hell break loose.

All of CLT: WTH just happened?

Barely a drop here. Heavy rain less than 2 miles away. Gonna be like this all summer it looks like. Gonna have to wait for a hurricane I guess to get good rain here.

Barely a drop here. Heavy rain less than 2 miles away. Gonna be like this all summer it looks like. Gonna have to wait for a hurricane I guess to get good rain here.

In the words of John McEnroe many moons ago, you cannot be serious: this chart shows Jonesville, SC, at the 90 percentile for wettest June 20th (over 2” of extra water in the soil vs average). There is no impending doom like you’re suggesting. It sounds silly to complain and say otherwise right now. Your area is at a much higher risk for flooding than drought. Here is the truth:

1592797811302.png

Why does the NWS frequently put out a HWO to state that no hazardous weather is expected at any point in the foreseeable future?

Why not issue a Fair Weather Outlook and say that happy weather conditions will dominate through the period?

Why does the NWS frequently put out a HWO to state that no hazardous weather is expected at any point in the foreseeable future?

Why not issue a Fair Weather Outlook and say that happy weather conditions will dominate through the period?
Because weather is dynamic and majority of weather is happy.

Back