• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Bugs

85.1 and 85.2 at 3pm. and it's clouding up. I think I'm going to escape June with no 90's. Just a few more hours to get past. Wonder how far into July I can make it. If I'm going to get into the 100's it's usually the 4th of July weekend when it happens....but I've got to get to 90 first :) Wow, just wow.

85.1 and 85.2 at 3pm. and it's clouding up. I think I'm going to escape June with no 90's. Just a few more hours to get past. Wonder how far into July I can make it. If I'm going to get into the 100's it's usually the 4th of July weekend when it happens....but I've got to get to 90 first :) Wow, just wow.
Red and white, blue suede shoes,
I'm Uncle Sam, how do you do?
Give me five, I'm still alive.
Ain't no luck, I learned to duck.
Check my pulse, it don't change.
Stays seventy-two come shine or rain.

Summertime done come and gone, my oh my, oh my, oh my.
:)

Last edited:
I just don't get how Atlanta has had 19 days of 90+ and you haven't had any yet. Aren't you south of Atlanta ?

Best rain so far this summer IMBY. Came from a random cell moving East to West. Coming down in buckets now

Best rain so far this summer IMBY. Came from a random cell moving East to West. Coming down in buckets now
Was in Greer, saw it on radar, can’t wait to see if I got hit! Looked like right over my backyard! That cell over downtown looks beastly right now! With the unusual e to w movement!

I just don't get how Atlanta has had 19 days of 90+ and you haven't had any yet. Aren't you south of Atlanta ?
Yep, 40 miles straight down. The only other station I can compare with is around 2 miles, and they had 6 90+, but only 8 inches of rain, to my 13. and counting, it's pouring now. I'll finish off June with nearly 14 inches if this keeps up. Plus they are in an open field, and I'm am covered up in trees. My guess is the trees hold in the moisture, and bounce the steam back so at least some stays in the ground. And evaporative cooling keeps me nice under the forest canopy. The only other time it was cool like this in dead summer, was after Alberto dropped all that rain. I don't remember a 90 past early July, though there certainly could have been as I wasn't paying but noticing attention. And I suspect the mosquitoes didn't like me mowing down a few acres of ivy under trees last late winter. It's probably not the epoxyclipse, but it is a curiousity :) All this rain and very few mosquitoes, and no 90's. Even I find it beyond interesting, and I've seen some weather stuff, lol.
Edit: Ok, so that gave me .65 assuming no more before midnight, so I'm13.63 from May 15. I'm going to go with a lot of rain helps keep it cool as long as you are under a canopy.

Last edited:
I don't know about all of you, but i'm ready for some shorter days. I think I sleep better in the winter when the sun sets earlier and rises later.

Atlanta has had 19 days above 90? Must several right at 90, I think Marietta has had like 7 or 8, and I've had around 5 or 6. I've had several 88-89 degree days though. It has not been a hot summer in the slightest, humid yes.

Actually Marietta has had 12 days at 90 or greater, so 19 isn't a stretch for the south side.

Yep, 40 miles straight down. The only other station I can compare with is around 2 miles, and they had 6 90+, but only 8 inches of rain, to my 13. and counting, it's pouring now. I'll finish off June with nearly 14 inches if this keeps up. Plus they are in an open field, and I'm am covered up in trees. My guess is the trees hold in the moisture, and bounce the steam back so at least some stays in the ground. And evaporative cooling keeps me nice under the forest canopy. The only other time it was cool like this in dead summer, was after Alberto dropped all that rain. I don't remember a 90 past early July, though there certainly could have been as I wasn't paying but noticing attention. And I suspect the mosquitoes didn't like me mowing down a few acres of ivy under trees last late winter. It's probably not the epoxyclipse, but it is a curiousity :) All this rain and very few mosquitoes, and no 90's. Even I find it beyond interesting, and I've seen some weather stuff, lol.
Edit: Ok, so that gave me .65 assuming no more before midnight, so I'm13.63 from May 15. I'm going to go with a lot of rain helps keep it cool as long as you are under a canopy.

What is your elevation?

Atlanta has had 19 days above 90? Must several right at 90, I think Marietta has had like 7 or 8, and I've had around 5 or 6. I've had several 88-89 degree days though. It has not been a hot summer in the slightest, humid yes.

Actually Marietta has had 12 days at 90 or greater, so 19 isn't a stretch for the south side.
It's been a brutally hot summer in Atlanta. They are running 2.5 degrees above normal for June !

Avg high 89.2 and avg low 70.2 in June through yesterday.

Yeah, that's pretty rough for Atlanta. I guess I'm ruined from my 6 years in Columbia. You're lucky ther if you have a June there less than 93.

dsaur's station sure seems like an anomaly.. is it your own weather station at home? Columbus, Macon, Lagrange, all around his area those stations have reported numerous 90 or better temps.. so it's not weird to doubt the backyard obs....

Last edited:
Haven't mowed in 2 weeks now. This micro climate drought is turning nasty in mby.Go up to the airport and its green, where they've cashed in on thunderstorms that would occasionally come around last month or two.

It's summer in the south... I'm almost 50 and learning quickly to hate this season I used to fairly tolerate. So far it hasn't been brutally hot, but definitely on the humid side with AN temps... (speaking for the Chattanooga area mainly..).

It's summer in the south... I'm almost 50 and learning quickly to hate this season I used to fairly tolerate. So far it hasn't been brutally hot, but definitely on the humid side with AN temps... (speaking for the Chattanooga area mainly..).
The constant heat and humidity for months with very few breaks is what drives me nuts. I like some variety in the weather and summer is just so incredibly boring in the south except on days where you get a thunderstorm.

Back