• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2024

At least there were some legitimate storms around the area yesterday. I'm around .75" for the month, which was way back.

Already popping here.

9062e199bee4afd953b7ec3b30ac2fad.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the strongest thunderstorms I ever witnessed happened July 1st 2012
I remember that evening well. I had a high of 104 that day with a max heat index of 118. You could just see that line of storms developing on radar just east of the mountains and knew it was just gonna blow up

I remember that evening well. I had a high of 104 that day with a max heat index of 118. You could just see that line of storms developing on radar just east of the mountains and knew it was just gonna blow up
That was a crazy day for sure. I remember looking at the radar around 6pm and thinking that we would stay dry. Then by 7pm storms were everywhere and were severe. I think we had at least 3 outflow boundaries come together over the Spartanburg, Gaffney, and Union area.

That was a crazy day for sure. I remember looking at the radar around 6pm and thinking that we would stay dry. Then by 7pm storms were everywhere and were severe. I think we had at least 3 outflow boundaries come together over the Spartanburg, Gaffney, and Union area.
Over this way, we had two outflow boundaries come together just to my west near Charlotte, and then the outflow from that came together with the sea breeze front that had held together

The 18z GFS is another step back for rain and the long range looks a little warmer too. Hopefully we do not go back to the way things looked a couple of days ago for late next week into the weekend on that model. Many of us would see 100-105 if that happened. 850 temps had been as high as 28C on one run, with widespread 26-27C. Now showing 20C up to around 23C for that time period.

Sunday seems more hit and miss than I had hoped. Winners and lovers as usual, hopefully pattern breaks down soon
I think that's because the trough that is going to come through will arrive later than first anticipated and whatever develops will not have the heat of the day to work with. Precipitation chances have also been delayed from Saturday into Sunday to Sunday into Monday now. There will be plenty of moisture for this trough to work with so hopefully many of us will get some of the rain we need. My front lawn is the brownest I remember seeing it in recent memory and my garden is pretty much toast for the time being. Some of the tree limbs on the Mulberry tree in my backyard are starting to die.

Back