• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2024

Maybe the heat and lack of rain are getting to me but I'm all aboard. I'm concerned about a couple of things but we don't get those jet dynamics alot in the summer
The couple of things you're concerned about will win out, persistence is the rule.

It might actually be going to rain here in a few minutes. We have a shower getting close to us now.

Edit: That shower got us and there are a couple of more showers popping up upstream of us. SE upslope flow doing its thing in the GSP county warning area now.

Last edited:
The couple of things you're concerned about will win out, persistence is the rule.
Idk man the hrrr over mixes the bl Sunday and still does this hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_fh42-48.gif

I'm still worried about what forms upstream Saturday afternoon that might kick an ofb or debris clouds into the area but if we can avoid that setup is looking better than 24 hrs ago

Last edited:
Idk man the hrrr over mixes the bl Sunday and still does this View attachment 148182

I'm still worried about what forms upstream Saturday afternoon that might kick an ofb or debris clouds into the area but if we can avoid that setup is looking better than 24 hrs ago
Yeah you're right I'm sure, you know more about this than I'll ever know. It's just, not to be that guy lol, last couple years it seems when a pattern/system/set-up/dynamics are right to produce xyz, more times than not they fail. Whether it's cold, snow, severe, rain, etc....if there's a fly that can get in the ointment, it does. I'm getting to be a pessimist in my old age 🤣

Yeah you're right I'm sure, you know more about this than I'll ever know. It's just, not to be that guy lol, last couple years it seems when a pattern/system/set-up/dynamics are right to produce xyz, more times than not they fail. Whether it's cold, snow, severe, rain, etc....if there's a fly that can get in the ointment, it does. I'm getting to be a pessimist in my old age 🤣
I understand I hope that I'm not convincing myself this is better than it is. If we miss tomorrow though this drought is going to hit the turbo button with dews in the 50s most of next week and highs near 100 by the 4th which gets a lot of places to basically 30 days with no rain. That's the usual point for a lot of turf grasses to go from dormancy to death and shallow rooted trees to start going. Not great

I do not have access to the long range European model but the GFS has been persistent about the next good chance of rain being late next weekend into early the following week for Central North Carolina if we strike out again tomorrow. By then our area might as well be 🌵. I'm🙏 that we get some rain tomorrow.

I understand I hope that I'm not convincing myself this is better than it is. If we miss tomorrow though this drought is going to hit the turbo button with dews in the 50s most of next week and highs near 100 by the 4th which gets a lot of places to basically 30 days with no rain. That's the usual point for a lot of turf grasses to go from dormancy to death and shallow rooted trees to start going. Not great

Add on the insane number if idiots that will still shoot fireworks in neighborhoods on the 4th even without rain, reckon the fire depts will be busy.....gotta hope the models are right with that line Monday morning, even then by the 4th it will be like it didnt even happen....that said I am seriously suspect of any image that looks like this at 6am....

1719674748262.png

Back