• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2024

@Shaggy I feel your pain.. It "looked" gnarly on radar, though "Ground truth", is/was quite different, I mighta got a tenth, or a eighth of rain Drops & quick downpour.. LOTSA lighting though.. Wowzers! ⛈⚡⚡⚡⚡
@Shaggy, hopefully you might get alil more sum sum coming for Round 2 on Gaydar, your way..

@Shaggy I feel your pain.. It "looked" gnarly on radar, though "Ground truth", is/was quite different, I mighta got a tenth, or a eighth of rain Drops & quick downpour.. LOTSA lighting though.. Wowzers! ⛈⚡⚡⚡⚡
@Shaggy, hopefully you might get alil more sum sum coming for Round 2 on Gaydar, your way..
Horrible day for my backyard

Attachments

• KLTX - Digital Storm Total Accum., 4_43 PM.png
    KLTX - Digital Storm Total Accum., 4_43 PM.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
It looks like Sunday will be the best chance of widespread rain which is badly needed in Central North Carolina. The RDU office is giving us a 70% chance now. Today certainly was disappointing for most of us. At least there are chances for pop up thunderstorms Friday and Saturday if the Sunday event does not materialize.

It looks like Sunday will be the best chance of widespread rain which is badly needed in Central North Carolina. The RDU office is giving us a 70% chance now. Today certainly was disappointing for most of us. At least there are chances for pop up thunderstorms Friday and Saturday if the Sunday event does not materialize.

I sure hope so. Right now, I'll believe it when it happens. I posted the latest GFS run for this weekend's totals, but here is the 12z Euro:
1719527653847.png
Has similarities with the GFS.

I sure hope so. Right now, I'll believe it when it happens. I posted the latest GFS run for this weekend's totals, but here is the 12z Euro:
View attachment 148170
Has similarities with the GFS.
Sunday should be such an easy slam dunk for a solid line of storms and a widespread 1-2 inches of rain. This setup though has a tendency to leak the prefrontal trough to our east through composite outflows or differential heating. I'm worried we see a copy/paste of today but if we can get the storm initiation to out west with pwats of 2.5, highs in the mid 90s, dews in the mid 70s storms should be efficient rain producers

Back