• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2023 Thread

I wonder if it's ever going to rain again

gfs_apcpn_seus_64.png

Stout storms rolling inf from the west. Really building as they head east. The cells in Oconee, Pickens, and western Greenville have really gotten themselves together and could deal some winds and lightening. Couldn’t rule out some hail either. The line to the west of that is getting its act together too.

Oh I dont think it was accurate I was just trying to give you a little hope, you sounded sad.
Not sad just disappointed. If we had any instability we could have had a good event with the 2 mcvs that moved through on the last 16 hours now we are clinging to the front itself and it's going to be crossing the state line Usain bolt. I've said it on here before these NW flow/summer front are my least favorite pattern if we aren't hitting rain with every front. We lost what could have been a big MCS train the rest of the week to the south now we are going to be waiting until probably Sunday or early next week for high end rain chances. I know @Turd Ferguson said we had a lot of rain on the weekends but rdu is BN the last 45 days, rainy days don't always equal rain quantity. I honestly don't remember the last time we over performed on rain totals or storm coverage in June July and August locally. Maybe 2018?

Not sad just disappointed. If we had any instability we could have had a good event with the 2 mcvs that moved through on the last 16 hours now we are clinging to the front itself and it's going to be crossing the state line Usain bolt. I've said it on here before these NW flow/summer front are my least favorite pattern if we aren't hitting rain with every front. We lost what could have been a big MCS train the rest of the week to the south now we are going to be waiting until probably Sunday or early next week for high end rain chances. I know @Turd Ferguson said we had a lot of rain on the weekends but rdu is BN the last 45 days, rainy days don't always equal rain quantity. I honestly don't remember the last time we over performed on rain totals or storm coverage in June July and August locally. Maybe 2018?

Yeah at least with a SAR dominating setup you get them pulsey slow moving frog stranglers and while they are very hit and miss you still got a chance....

Back