• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2023 Thread

Couple storms in Greenville Co. They win often with flow over the Balsams persisting into the upstate as well as the NC/SC border mtns further enhancing/initiating

Smoke today's unbelievable

20231572051_GOES16-ABI-eus-GEOCOLOR-2000x2000.jpg

How much rain lately up that way?
Not much since you noted your lack a few weeks ago. I got .44” on Sunday right after I watered my garden. You could barely tell the next day.

Overall a pretty good week shaping up for early June, with several nights still in the 50s for many. Here is the forecast for 6000 feet in NC (Mt Hardy), pretty impressive for June!

Today
Scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 61. West northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tonight
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then scattered showers. Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thursday
A slight chance of showers before 10am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 10am and 2pm, then a slight chance of showers after 2pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 56. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43. North wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 59. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 63.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 51.
Sunday
A 40 percent chance of showers after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
Sunday Night
Showers likely before 7pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 7pm and midnight, then showers likely after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Monday
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Monday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 64.

Not much since you noted your lack a few weeks ago. I got .44” on Sunday right after I watered my garden. You could barely tell the next day.
There have been some storms all around me the past few days, but I haven't any rain since May 23rd.

Last edited:
There have been some storms all around me the past few days, but I haven't any rain since May 23rd.
I drove home from Ellijay to Calhoun yesterday and a lot of the corn fields look pitiful. They got good rain on Sunday but its starting to distress the plants.

Back