• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2023 Thread

First official 90 degree high today at KCLT as of 3pm. Interesting to note that the airport is the only observation site in the area to hit 90… the max for me today has been 88.
89 here back down to 87 now so might avoid that 90 for a while longer

Had a doozy of storm about 1:30 ago. Reports of possible tornado but I haven’t seen anything online that’s definitive. Power is out for a large section of town and an alert was sent out asking people to stay indoors. Many trees and power lines down.

The heat building here is one thing but the bigger issue is I haven't seen rain in nearly 2 weeks either

Well at least the part of the city I was delivering in around 5pm got a flood.. it was such bad visibility on the interstate some cars were pulled over with flashers

Latest GFS has no 90 degree high over MBY thru the 16 days....this would push PGV into record latest first 90 degree day territory.
RDU barely stayed under yesterday with a high of 89. the 6z GFS shows RDU getting right at 90 on the 16th (12 days out). But these models have been running too warm in the LR this spring. It would be amazing if we could get to the summer solstice without a 90 degree high. **I know I'm asking for a lot..

Back