• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2023 Thread

Models don't have a single 90 degree day here for next 10 days (gets close but not actually 90), I don't buy it. In fact, usually. especially if it's dry, and full sun models under perform on afternoon highs like they usually do with overnight lows on calm, clear nights. Still, if that were to verify what an amazing stretch of no 90 degree days that would be.

Models don't have a single 90 degree day here for next 10 days (gets close but not actually 90), I don't buy it. In fact, usually. especially if it's dry, and full sun models under perform on afternoon highs like they usually do with overnight lows on calm, clear nights. Still, if that were to verify what an amazing stretch of no 90 degree days that would be.
The warmest day here of the next 10 right is the 87 for tomorrow. Even more there’s 6 nights with lows of 60 or below… really unusually. The latest first 90 degree high on record for KCLT is 2003 and that was on 7/3… I’m curious to how the overall pattern compares between that year and what we’re seeing now. I’m 2003 we were coming out of El Niño and this year we’re going into one.

The spectrum of outcomes the next 2 weeks is fairly high. 80s low humidity, stalled front muggy lots of rain, mcs train, front to the north and highs well into the 90s are all out there. Given the amount of high latitude blocking still present we may end up with a piece of each through mid June. Unless something changes any "heat" will be relatively short lived in our area but to the south and west may have more staying power. Like we have seen over the lat few years hitting 90 isn't that hard this time of year so I wouldn't be shocked if we do soon but then again I wouldn't be shocked if we revisit this on 6/15 and we still haven't

The warmest day here of the next 10 right is the 87 for tomorrow. Even more there’s 6 nights with lows of 60 or below… really unusually. The latest first 90 degree high on record for KCLT is 2003 and that was on 7/3… I’m curious to how the overall pattern compares between that year and what we’re seeing now. I’m 2003 we were coming out of El Niño and this year we’re going into one.
Nothing to back this up of course, but I bet we pay for this later in the summer.

I noticed many locales in the MA and NE reached the low to mid 90s today. Many areas just to the west of the apps and MS river valley will be in low to mid 90s over the next week, so summer has definitely arrived. HOWEVER, much of the Carolinas and VA had a relatively pleasant day today. Gotta escape 90 tomorrow and Tues and then the rest of next weeks looks pleasant for June. Keep it coming!

I noticed many locales in the MA and NE reached the low to mid 90s today. Many areas just to the west of the apps and MS river valley will be in low to mid 90s over the next week, so summer has definitely arrived. HOWEVER, much of the Carolinas and VA had a relatively pleasant day today. Gotta escape 90 tomorrow and Tues and then the rest of next weeks looks pleasant for June. Keep it coming!
You left out the Midwest. It was in the 90s in Michigan today.

Yep three sub 60 lows forecast where I am. Glad to have below normal temps now. Have not had AC on yet. That may change tomorrow though.

We may miss the worst of the heat all summer. I would not want to be in Kansas and nearby areas though. Someone out there will see 110 this summer. This pattern looks a bit like 1988 when a major drought and high heat hit much of the country, but never settled into the Carolinas. The worst stretch here that year was the 3rd week of August when many of us hit 100, but it only lasted a few days.

Pretty torchy weekend! Almost hit 90 today. Back to normal next week! ?255C2D6C-7D4C-4347-A991-8B6A583F4D4E.png

We look to keep dropping troughs in the Atlantic and Northeast which makes those of us east of the Apps cooler and with way less humidity vs average. Can't tell the last time I had consistent days in the 70's and lows in the 50's. When mid 80's is considered to be the upper end of the heat during June, consider it a gift. We will be seeing multiple chances at CAD the way we are dumping troughs in the NE and east of the mountains. There will be chances at low to mid 60's back my way if we keep this going.

We may miss the worst of the heat all summer. I would not want to be in Kansas and nearby areas though. Someone out there will see 110 this summer. This pattern looks a bit like 1988 when a major drought and high heat hit much of the country, but never settled into the Carolinas. The worst stretch here that year was the 3rd week of August when many of us hit 100, but it only lasted a few days.
Yeah… it looks like we’re following a Niño climo with the most intense heat out in the Plain over to the Midwest

First official 90 degree high today at KCLT as of 3pm. Interesting to note that the airport is the only observation site in the area to hit 90… the max for me today has been 88.

84.9F so far today. Looks like KATL has been 88F to this point.

87 here today so far. Haven't had any rain for a few days now

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Back