• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Yeah looking at satellite it looks like the outflow from last night's storms is to our south but being forced back north with a secondary boundary near gso to just nw of rdu

Hi res models dont offer me much hope for this afternoon. We shall see.

Barely any towering Cu to my north but on me/my south there’s a bunch, looks like I’m on the convergence zone

Once again CLT will miss out and once again the Triangle will see yet ANOTHER storm. So tired of this crap!

Once again CLT will miss out and once again the Triangle will see yet ANOTHER storm. So tired of this crap!
Doubt it. You can already see the storms getting going along the southern edge of where this mornings storms went. Unless whatever boundary is along 40 right now gets going most of the storms are going to be well south of the Triangle too

Doubt it. You can already see the storms getting going along the southern edge of where this mornings storms went. Unless whatever boundary is along 40 right now gets going most of the storms are going to be well south of the Triangle too

There was storm trying to form in south Charlotte but it quickly fizzled out. At least you all got something last night.

It's almost like something is trying to over Charlotte. There was a random lightning strike... Hmm.

ML CAPE of 2000. I'm currently watching a storm bubble up out of the window the south.

SB CAPE at 3000 and front just to the west.

88f23f9995ab0d4af62dcefb8b614783.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meanwhile the NE is seeing good coverage of storms everyday this week, supposedly we suck at snow and storms now
That is crazy, anywhere north of Richmond averages under 30 thunderstorms a year! By the time you are in places like New York, and Boston under 20 thunderstorms a year on average. Maine? Hardly 2 weeks worth of thunderstorms a year.

Back