July Surprise!

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Those storms I had right before the switch to Cooler weather last October were super electric, I still wish I had my camera then

Those were some great storms. Miss those days. I think we all just have to accept that the pattern has changed and get used this weather going forward. Apparently the NE, Mid-Atlantic is the place to be, at least this year. Hell, they've some wicked storms out west as well.

Reactions: Myfrotho704_
The end of August to the middle of October we’re brutal even in my area. From August 28th to October 12th my area had less then a quarter of an inch of rain. Alongside the crazy heat that was a really brutal time period.

Yeah, it was so dry. My grass literally turned brown. It was like walking on pine straw.

Reactions: Myfrotho704_
The end of August to the middle of October were brutal even in my area. From August 28th to October 12th my area had less then a quarter of an inch of rain. Alongside the crazy heat that was a really brutal time period.
But the good part about that drought was that all the mosquitoes died out around my house.. It was pretty nice.

Yup. We had a lot of MCS's last year. Plus convection was a lot more widespread. Although, we paid for it when September rolled around. We went what... almost a full month with any rain and 95-degree heat well into October. Maybe this year will flipflop, we can only hope!
I think with la Nina's it cools down earlier

The gefs would surprise you around day 7-14, looks very favorable for severe with pretty elevated SCP, globals have been trying to sniff out MCVs/energy. problem is, 1 we’re stuck under a big ridge, number 2 there looks to be pretty good EML advection with steep mid level lapse rates, which looks to combine with subsidence from a ridge, this pattern is dependent on MCVs/pieces of energy, if you could get storms with the big thermodynamics under this ridge than damn, lol 2A699EDF-EFC6-4E6C-8B49-AE67D2520DAB.pngDAE4D954-6520-4B3A-9A36-58B982FB206B.png94F03F85-15B4-49C2-9E88-A4CEC25BFB53.png8703B090-6AD9-4D25-9FDB-BBDB72CA8FE4.png57BB5BD8-876B-44CB-B4DC-F622BBEFB30B.png