• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

The NAM is showing a small lollipop of rain right over my area late tonight into tomorrow morning. Hmm... I find this a little hard to believe, but I guess anything can happen. Live or die by the models as they say. Maybe I will wake up in the middle of the night to a surprise.77DE4DD6-F819-4EA8-9311-AD94DE4D8F48.jpeg

600dm ridge? Ouch.

2ea420229bd0fa1f750ecd5cf5adc8a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today has started out on a promising note. The AC is fixed and the part was under warranty so all it cost me was labor. Now if we can actually see the hrrr and 3k be correct on the storms today the today will be a good day.
Sun is shining here, CIN has eroded, SB/ML Capes are building, PWATS increasing to around 2 inches. Yep I bet we fail

My concern for today is we get big convection going from say MHX to FAY that barfs out an outflow boundary moving N and we start to see more isolated to scattered convection as it moves north.

Sun is shining here, CIN has eroded, SB/ML Capes are building, PWATS increasing to around 2 inches. Yep I bet we fail

My concern for today is we get big convection going from say MHX to FAY that barfs out an outflow boundary moving N and we start to see more isolated to scattered convection as it moves north.

Hrrr now keeps the heavy stuff one county to my SW and blanks me. I know its likely to be off and not to be taken literally with those lollipops but man I've struck out so many times the last 3 weeks I guess I expect it now.

I think most of NC misses out on the good rain with this. The low seems to be going due east now. Going to have to be from 50 miles west of Fayetteville to Elizabeth City and south to see widespread rain with this. Scattered showers and a couple of storms north of there.

So through 11 hrs on the hrrr it would appear i suck at getting storms here. It's been an abysmal here this year in terms of thunderstorms.

I'm in the general vicinity ofnthe little red dot.

Attachments

• 20200707_102143.jpg
    20200707_102143.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 14
Where is the best place to view the hrrr... I used to view on weather bell but can't anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back