• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Yeah, today was yet another day of failures for the majority of CLT. Minus areas to the North and West. I miss the good ole days when that Lee Trough kicked in and we would have daily coverage of storms over the Piedmont by 4. Can we just all put the blame on 2020?

Might just be paying for the epic spring we had

I may just decide to change my username to "Stormless&Irate" Cause this is just getting ridiculous. I know @Myfrotho704_ can relate.
Just remember it could always be worse. You could be in my shoes. Not a drop in 10 days and as you know very little since June 1st here. And I fully expect to screw up Tuesday and Wednesday and then the dry sets in again.

Watch the NW flow pattern end up going into are south or north this weekend, this year sucks for MCSs

I was about to rage quit as well, but then I had to drive to Greensboro. The house is getting thwacked. I can see the lightning from where I am in Greensboro.

Of course I watered all weekend...

wake forest / Rolesville is the hotspot , if I get fringed that’s how. Just to my north ! During the 2011 outbreak I got lucky , those EF-3s rolled a few miles north . Driving around those backroads was crazy after that. Still a guy out there living in a trailer in Riley hill with no roof , lost it then.

Though for surprise tornados I’m the spot! 2010 and 2019! I’m one lucky guy. 2019 was razor thin! That EF-2 passed a football field away only. My road was crazy! Flipped over bus , massive oaks down through homes. Lots of roofs gone. I still have the pictures . If @Jimmy Hypocracy was able to tell when driving past , exit 432 on 264 the trees look a little funky as if someone cut through em. That was the tornado .

The 2010 tornado was an Ef-1 I got to watch as a funnel cloud over my neighborhood. I sat down on the front porch watching it touch down in the field across my house before it went into zebulon and tore a few trees by town hall and threw some shopping carts by the food lion .

Back