• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Raleigh is about to get theirs. I see yall competing for the rainless zone. Trust me, nw Chatham has no knowledge of what rain looks like. Too far back in the history book.

They always get theirs. Cannot wait to move!

I give us both a No. Brick, Fro, Jimmy will probably get another inch of rain though

Nah, I had a good storm yesterday. I'm not lucky to get one two days in a row.

I think it's safe for me to mow the lawn now.

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
Southwestern Wake County in central North Carolina...

* Until 500 PM EDT.

* At 408 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near
Fuquay-Varina, or 8 miles south of Cary, moving north at 10 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Apex, Holly Springs, Lake
Wheeler, New Hill, Lake Benson and Shearon Harris Reservoir

Before I rage quit, maybe I can get lucky with this, remnant stationary ofb from earlier looks to merge with the other approaching ofb and showers, maybe a kaboom or dud

Raleigh is about to get theirs. I see yall competing for the rainless zone. Trust me, nw Chatham has no knowledge of what rain looks like. Too far back in the history book.
I feel you. I'm a couple of miles away from the Chatham county border in western Wake and always get fringed when Raleigh scores. Didn't see a single raindrop from today's storms.

Ironically, I am under a nice little rain shower right now. Torrential downpour right now. Came out of nowhere! No thunder though. :(

That rain shower did pack a punch for its size. Pretty good wind gusts and probably picked up a quick .25 of an inch in 20 minutes. Sitting at 74 now. Not too shabby. Just wish it would have lasted longer/gotten more of its act together. Very weird storm motions today, it's almost like every storm out here has a mind of its own.

Back