• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me personally I consider 5+ days of 90+ to be a heat wave but I guess everyone has their own definition of a heat wave.

I would agree if we were talking about the Midwest, West Coast or NE.

Not so much in the SW or the South where the average highs are near or above 90*F in the Summer. In fact, for Dallas, 90*F would be considered a *COOL* summer day.

It's 68/64 in late July. I'll take that every morning please. It was actually pleasant leaving the house this morning. Almost felt crisp outside when I walked out the door. Thought it was September for a moment.

It's 68/64 in late July. I'll take that every morning please. It was actually pleasant leaving the house this morning. Almost felt crisp outside when I walked out the door. Thought it was September for a moment.
Have to look at what's going on at D7-10 and wonder if we can get a real front through during the first week of August. Looks like a few eps members hsve a complete while many hang it up over the region

Have to look at what's going on at D7-10 and wonder if we can get a real front through during the first week of August. Looks like a few eps members hsve a complete while many hang it up over the region

We've had some hot days but nothing prolonged. Last week was as close to a "heat wave" as we have had all year and it was just barely above average but extremely humid.

Got a feeling we will soon be turning our attention seaward as the season really should get started over the next couple weeks.

The euro having too much ridging in the east in the warm season is as bad as the gfs with too much troughing in the cold season.

We still probably hit 95 ahead of that trough though
I don't know if it usually does that or not. But this year, models have wanted to heat us up in the LR quite a bit.

I don't know if it usually does that or not. But this year, models have wanted to heat us up in the LR quite a bit.
Yeah not really sure the cause but I'll take it. If we make it to fall without a significant heatwave I'll consider that a huge win. We've dodged some bullets with these big ridges getting cut off before they make it east we had the makings a couple times to cook with the high heat in the northern plains and south central Canada. I do wonder if we feel the effects in the 2nd half of Sept into October and finally start to trough the west

Hold it as long as possible , I really am sold on the idea of a troughy west this winter / ridge east. I’ll take my warmest winter ever .
Not exactly all fun and games, typically get cold rain CAD with a western trough/ridge east and a cold vortex in SE Canada which normally happens with that H5 pattern, while we watch SC and GA enjoy 70s

Not exactly all fun and games, typically get cold rain CAD with a western trough/ridge east and a cold vortex in SE Canada which normally happens with that H5 pattern, while we watch SC and GA enjoy 70s
I’m not talking about last winter , 2012? 06? 90? 50?32? Typically get cold rain Cad Is only true with a strong se Canada vortex which is not what I said ! Weenie ! More proof of your weenie double standards added to my list ! Let me weenie in peace !

Yeah not really sure the cause but I'll take it. If we make it to fall without a significant heatwave I'll consider that a huge win. We've dodged some bullets with these big ridges getting cut off before they make it east we had the makings a couple times to cook with the high heat in the northern plains and south central Canada. I do wonder if we feel the effects in the 2nd half of Sept into October and finally start to trough the west
I would rather the heat come 2 months from now than now. At least by then it will be tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back