• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

Shouldn't we be seeing tropical system on the models by now forming out in the Atlantic? We have 4 weeks until August, which last year in August I was hitting upper 50s.

Shouldn't we be seeing tropical system on the models by now forming out in the Atlantic? We have 4 weeks until August, which last year in August I was hitting upper 50s.

Not necessarily as this is a very quiet period based on climo back to 1851. Actually though, several models have been showing some spin/very weak low moving westward in the MDR within the next week fwiw.

Not necessarily as this is a very quiet period based on climo back to 1851. Actually though, several models have been showing some spin/very weak low moving westward in the MDR within the next week fwiw.
Going for 2/0/0 this month ... FWIW

heatzonemap.jpeg

Have you guys ever seen this? Its separated based on days >86F.

1.11" from two storms today. July is starting off a lot like June ended.

Great storm today! Not much rain, but loud thunder and close strikes!

72/83F today, very muggy, still holding server at 78F

Meh. July is usually dull. Wake me in about 6 weeks.

Meh. July is usually dull. Wake me in about 6 weeks.
yeah, my least favorite month, with August coming in a close second... at least there can be interesting tropical activity to follow in late August sometimes. I would love to step in a time machine and skip July every year. (Plus I despise fireworks, so I wouldn't even miss that... even though the 4th is a nice holiday otherwise).

No doubt July ranks as my least favorite month of the year. Primarily due to the heat, repetitive boring wx pattern. Atleast by August football season is firing back up with practice and met summer is 2/3 behind us.
Praying we can get some rain. Corn looks the worst its looked in years, yard is scorched etc. Per raleigh today will be last 90 degree day till next week. Shouldnt top out above 89 and thunderstorm chances go way up. So we'll see.

Had to run home from work real quick. 91/77 at the house at 1015 lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At least the DP's are in the lower 70s instead of the upper 70s to near 80.

Very true, I think Columbia's dewpoints were recently in the mid to upper 70s, hello lows in the 80s.

I really hope we can get some good soaking rain soon here in central NC because the last thing you want to do is enter late July and August on a long dry spell unless you like triple digit heat.

Back