• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

Another day, another intra-hour 90*F at ATL. It was 91*F here.

Northern suburbs are actually getting some decent t'storms.

1. KSAV had a 98 high today. The hottest I saw for my location was 96.1 although I suppose it might have hit 97-8 at some point. Normally this would be pretty newsworthy heat but it isn't after last week's ridiculousness.
2. KGNV had a 96 high today.
3. Record dewpoints are now being announced? This is from yesterday:

"RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL
1245 PM EDT SAT JUN 01 2019

..RECORD DAILY HIGH DEWPOINT TEMPERATURE TIED AT GAINESVILLE

THE DEWPOINT TEMPERATURE PEAKED AT 76 DEGREES THIS MORNING AT
GAINESVILLE. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 76 DEGREES SET IN 1998."

Last edited:
1. KSAV had a 98 high today. The hottest I saw for my location was 96.1 although I suppose it might have hit 97-8 at some point. Nromally this would be pretty newsworthy heat but it isn't after last week's ridiculousness.
2. KGNV had a 96 high today.
3. Record dewpoints are now being announced? This is from yesterday:

"RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL
1245 PM EDT SAT JUN 01 2019

..RECORD DAILY HIGH DEWPOINT TEMPERATURE TIED AT GAINESVILLE

THE DEWPOINT TEMPERATURE PEAKED AT 76 DEGREES THIS MORNING AT
GAINESVILLE. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 76 DEGREES SET IN 1998."
... been a tad sticky ...

Euro feeds 91L fully into the upper low low and goes boom with the surface low. Certainly would be a good set up to erase the current dry conditions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Euro feeds 91L fully into the upper low low and goes boom with the surface low. Certainly would be a good set up to erase the current dry conditions

Nope, we would find some way to fail

Thanks to today’s showers/storms it looks like Atlanta’s rainless streak will end at 20 days. Last rain there was May 12th.

Very windy with dry lightning. Looks like Surry County NC is getting pounded in

GSP doesn’t seem excited about the big wet coming! Said widespread 1-2” from Wednesday-Sunday! Better than nothing, but a dud

Interesting hail storm in south-west VA where temps are in the low 50s. Usually they weaken coming from that direction as they “fall” off the mountain into Wilkes.

Thanks to today’s showers/storms it looks like Atlanta’s rainless streak will end at 20 days. Last rain there was May 12th.

Did it rain at the airport?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it did. I just checked the archive radar.

It was a big fat goose egg on this side of town.

Did it rain at the airport?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it did. I just checked the archive radar.

It was a big fat goose egg on this side of town.

Sorry you missed out, it was much welcomed rain. I don’t have a gauge up, but it rained for over an hour and really cooled it off. Hopefully it’s region wide by the end of the week.

Back