• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

There we go finally, warnings are out for Surry, Yadkin, watch out Piedmont. My ditch is still flooding in heavy water and hail. Unbelievable day 1 for June

2-4” rain possible for Pilot Mountain. Quarter size hail and winds to 60mph.

Wake up Raleigh, need a warning for Winston-Salem. I may give them a phone call

Raleigh went with a special weather statement. Pilot MTN people are digging their driveways out tonight from the ice. Watch out Forsyth County.

Last edited:
Flash Flood Warnings out for melting ice and heavy rains around Pilot

Just an FYI, for those wanting rain from the tropical disturbance would rather have it hit Mexico then it’s remains would washout over the south-east after leaving Texas. IF it escapes east-north-east and booms in the GOM, there will be a lot of people missing rain altogether. Based on the upper level pattern and being on the right/left quads, a lot could still change tho.

Unless your Florida, escaping ENE would bring squally weather there. Then I think climo and current pattern would have it escaping into the Atlantic south of Charlestown SC. Dry for NC westward.

Unless your Florida, escaping ENE would bring squally weather there. Then I think climo and current pattern would have it escaping into the Atlantic south of Charlestown SC. Dry for NC westward.
It’s definitely getting squirrelly!

BEST NEWS I HAVE READ FROM NWX BMX IN A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LONG TERM...
/ISSUED AT 416AM CT/

MONDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.

THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK STILL LOOKS RATHER DRY, HOWEVER, IT LOOKS
LIKE WE WILL SEE SOME MUCH NEEDED RAIN BY MID-WEEK! LOW LEVEL
RIDGING AND SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE REMAIN CENTRALIZED OVER THE AREA
MONDAY AND TUESDAY. BY WEDNESDAY RIDGING BEGINS SLIDING EASTWARD AND
A CLOSED UPPER LOW BEGINS PASSING THROUGH THE FOUR CORNERS REGION.
RAIN AND THUNDERSTORM CHANCES WILL START TO INCREASE ON WEDNESDAY
AFTERNOON AND BECOME MORE LIKELY AS THE UPPER LOW CONTINUES
EASTWARD. SOME GUIDANCE SUGGESTS THIS UPPER LEVEL TROUGH BECOMES
NEUTRALLY TO NEGATIVELY TILTED BY THURSDAY/FRIDAY. CAPE VALUES
DURING THIS TIME RANGE FROM 1000-2000 J/KG. FAVORABLE DYNAMIC
FORCING, SURFACE INSTABILITY AND AN INCREASE IN SOUTHERLY FLOW COULD
ALLOW FOR AN ISOLATED STRONG STORM DURING THE DAY FRIDAY. MEANWHILE,
THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER EXPECTS "DISTURBANCE 1" TO CONTINUE
THROUGH THE BAY OF CAMPECHE TOWARDS THE EASTERN COAST OF MEXICO.
TROPICAL MOISTURE FROM THIS DISTURBANCE WILL ALSO AID IN THE
INCREASE OF HUMIDITY AND SHOWER/THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT AT THE END
OF THE WEAK. WILL NOT MENTION STRONG OR SEVERE STORMS IN THE HWO AT
THIS TIME AS THIS IS STILL SEVERAL DAYS OUT. WILL NEED TO KEEP AN
EYE ON THE PROGRESSION AND ORIENTATION OF THE UPPER LOW IN THE
COMING DAYS.

It was 47 this morning in Boone. Everybody breaking out the winter gear. Hopefully it will dry out for a few weeks yesterday was enough rain and hail for a month.

It isn't quite to the late May heatwave level, but has still been plenty hot this weekend with middle to high 90s highs in much of the May heatwave areas, which is still as much as ~10 F warmer than normal. For example, KGNV was 99 yesterday! I'm currently at 95.1. The good news for most of this area from a comfort standpoint is that dewpoints are not bad thanks to a pretty brisk wind from an inland direction. My area's are in the high 50s vs mainly the 60s last week.

Last edited:
Back