• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

Have a bit of concern with new convection starting to form about 50-60 miles east of main convection...(Near Gadsden AL this morning..
Bet you $ to donuts, the line fires SE of 85 in SC tomorrow! Seen it too many times! Can enjoy my .002 from our great wet 4 days! 1FDE2E80-2A7E-43B8-8411-1195963579B5.png

Definitely don't go to sleep on Saturday if you're in the Carolinas or GA. Keep a close eye on the evolution of the MCS that'll develop upstream over the OH valley tomorrow, could see a legit risk of severe (for wind damage) show up for any one of these locations in successive SPC outlooks.

Definitely don't go to sleep on Saturday if you're in the Carolinas or GA. Keep a close eye on the evolution of the MCS that'll develop upstream over the OH valley tomorrow, could see a legit risk of severe (for wind damage) show up for any one of these locations in successive SPC outlooks.
Agreed. I like the weekend through maybe Tuesday for summer mcs to roll in but that Saturday mcs is attached to a monster wave.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seems like that use to be the standard mode for getting damaging storms in NC in the summer......I cant even count the number of times we watched rem MCS storm clusters in OH and KY in the morning dive bomb into big bowing segments over NC in the later afternoon back in the 80-90's, there certainly seems less of that now a days....

Seems like that use to be the standard mode for getting damaging storms in NC in the summer......I cant even count the number of times we watched rem MCS storm clusters in OH and KY in the morning dive bomb into big bowing segments over NC in the later afternoon back in the 80-90's, there certainly seems less of that now a days....
I thought I was the only one that felt this way

I thought I was the only one that felt this way

Same here. Weather today doesn't seem to work like it did back then, either with severe storms or snow.

Yeah, and the amount is of CAPE that’s gonna be flowing in from are west is gonna be pretty extreme with steep lapse rates and large low level moisture which allows large cape profiles/large Ncape

Winds gusted to 35 and heavy rain 1-2” per hour in Wilkes..could tell it was strengthening as it headed east with more thunder

Winds gusted to 35 and heavy rain 1-2” per hour in Wilkes..could tell it was strengthening as it headed east with more thunder

Is guess its a matter of location, but everytime we get those storms from the NW they hit hard til about Winston Salem/GSO, then they dissipate as they move into the Triangle. You get wind and wall clouds, think that a major storm is about to hit, then just overcast cumulus clouds remain. They are big time for the Triad area though. What usually gets me here are backdoor cold fronts where the coastal plain/Triangle area get hit and they stay stationary. Triad usually misses out with those.

We talk about how long it has been since a MCS, its been a while since I've seen a backdoor cold front from the NE.

A few storms have developed around here again today. Real nice looking one to my south right now. I’ve seen some nice lightning bolts from this storm.View attachment 20513
Another storm is now starting to move in from the west here again. Looks to be south again, but I got another nice picture out of it.4686BFBD-09D8-42FD-950A-058E85A76F6E.jpeg

Back