• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

From Maxar (Radiant) mets this morning:
"The 6-10 Day period features a highly amplified pattern, with warmth in the West and below normal temperatures from the Plains toward the East Coast. From a Population-Weighted CDD perspective, the forecast ranks 11th fewest among national records dating back to 1950. The Midwest region is forecast as the second fewest, with no real cooling demand."

So, since 1950, the forecast for 6/11-15 is the 11th coolest for the US as a whole with the Midwest 2nd coolest! There is a strong +PNA progged. The +GLAAM/El Nino is likely a big factor setting this up. Whereas late spring was a lion for much of the SE, there are at least some encouraging signs that most of the E US may very well have a tame summer ahead.

Highs here really busted on the low side here. Forecast had a high Near 80 for Atlanta, and the highest I have seen there today is 76.

Temperature is starting to go down here as well was at 76.6 for my high earlier now down to 71.8.

Can you send some of that rain here? Best I have gotten the last two days is mist and drizzle.

The really good news is that the current as well as prior runs of the models are unanimous in giving you ~3" of rain for the 120 hours starting 8 PM this evening!
Meanwhile, here we got a big one as mentioned with ~2" that fell within an hour.

Back