• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

I just want to see a storm not do the typical precipitation dying out, low placement in the incorrect position, or cold air not advancing east fast enough for once on a rare occasion. I've absolutely reached the point of being convinced that it's now easier to get snow in places like New Orleans and Mobile than it is if you live in Georgia below Macon.

I think it is actually

Hmm the big threat may be later next week. The CMC has the trough in much better position and the GFS still wants to drop down a powerhouse wave that eventually turns into a Miller B. I'm not staying up for it, but let's see if the Euro ha's the same general idea.

Just getting rooked by to much NS dominance. It's not so much these big HPS as it is the screwed up confluence over the NE every time we try and get a wave of energy to come by and amplify. As has been stated, no wsw wind because of the trough configuration up over the NE.
Thing I'm getting suprised by the most is the lack of upslope,nwfs for our mtns. Figured atleast a clipper or 2 would take a deep dive south in this pattern, but it's no Bueno so far.

Just getting rooked by to much NS dominance. It's not so much these big HPS as it is the screwed up confluence over the NE every time we try and get a wave of energy to come by and amplify. As has been stated, no wsw wind because of the trough configuration up over the NE.
Thing I'm getting suprised by the most is the lack of upslope,nwfs for our mtns. Figured atleast a clipper or 2 would take a deep dive south in this pattern, but it's no Buenos so far.
good post..

Where in the world are you getting 144 hour UKMET with details besides meteocentre? Wx.Graphics doesn't have it out yet on my end.

Hmm the big threat may be later next week. The CMC has the trough in much better position and the GFS still wants to drop down a powerhouse wave that eventually turns into a Miller B. I'm not staying up for it, but let's see if the Euro ha's the same general idea.
For sure not staying up for the can kicking day ten threat . So now our hope is in the pattern relax ..... great

Gfs is very cold through out the whole run. Great run

I think it is actually
Over the last few years, I would definitely say that it has. However, historically I would argue the exact opposite and even my grandparents have routinely said that we just don't get the cold weather associated storms around here like we used to in times past. I'm latitudinally on line with you, but it's insanely easier to get snow in Montgomery than it is in my location.

Where in the world are you getting 144 hour UKMET with details besides meteocentre? Wx.Graphics doesn't have it out yet on my end.
In general for day 6 it's pretty close with a broad area of low pressure a 150-200 miles offshore the Carolinas at day 6, if it's parent trough digs a little sooner and sharpens up we could have something. Of course it's still a long shot at this rate

Ukie has a 1013 off the NC coast 6 days. Little wide right for mby,but trough can easily be sharpened up and most likely will as we close in. Big take away for me is the cmc and the ukie end up developing this energy off the SE coast. Big difference from Thursday deal where it's been saying a big NO for past few days.

Someone posted on other board but it's true, erasing this past ,or what will officially be past debacle come Thursday from our minds. The ukie,cmc and perhaps gfs are right where we want 5 to 6 days out.

Back