• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

gem_asnow_seus_27.png
Right or wrong i like. Gfs, Cmc on same page seems like

If the high is weaker would it help not suppress the storm??

This isn't like past cases (like 2/12/10 for example) in which a storm might be coming back in the future from suppression. The HP isn't the problem, the northern stream is and is likely going to shred any hope at a storm to pieces.

There's very little chance that the I-10 corridor sees two accumulating snow falls over the course of one winter. I'm by no means an expert, but the probability of such an occurrence seems to be minuscule.

I refuse to look at the gefs . I feel like our NC and SC friends . They watched their end of the week system die a slow death . Now here we are ....

I just want to see a storm form south of the Mason Dixon line while we have a 10 plus day stretch of super entrenched cold for once.

Funny how errie PA doesn't have this problem along with the rest of the upper midwest to NE. Errie had 60 inches of good ole fashioned lake effect for Santa .

I just want to see a storm form south of the Mason Dixon line while we have a 10 plus day stretch of super entrenched cold for once.

Funny how errie PA doesn't have this problem along with the rest of the upper midwest to NE. Errie had 60 inches of good ole fashioned lake effect for Santa .

gotta love Lake Erie :p All they need is the cold(which is easier there), the lake to be unfrozen, and the wind in a favorable direction

They don’t have to get 100/100 things right to get snow . They just need like 4 things to get right. The southeast needs everything to line up just right. That’s why we all chase it every winter , cause it’s rare down here

Round 3 likely to be a no go too outside of Eastern NC if even them.

Man, I'll just be real (and I was one of the ones that at least saw the ending effects of the big snow earlier this month) but if we get this cold snap (which while it hasn't been modeled as crazily by the GFS by the Euro suite, the Euro suite likes the idea of a major cold snap for the southeast) and come up with nothing winter wise, I'll be ready to move on from the 17/18 winter.

I just want to see a storm not do the typical precipitation dying out, low placement in the incorrect position, or cold air not advancing east fast enough for once on a rare occasion. I've absolutely reached the point of being convinced that it's now easier to get snow in places like New Orleans and Mobile than it is if you live in Georgia below Macon.

Back