• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Nothing shabby about the wave in the PNW at 84 on the 00z NAM other than the fact it’s the 84 hour NAM
7e939c562465fe9cf5a80f37df0f7035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy! Are we grasping at straws...

Nothing shabby about the wave in the PNW at 84 on the 00z NAM other than the fact it’s the 84 hour NAM
7e939c562465fe9cf5a80f37df0f7035.jpg

The CMC has it as well. We really need the s/w to remain separate from the northern branch so it doesnt get absorbed into the mean flow, which wouldn't give it a chance to dig, and this stream separation is what we need to give us some moist WSW-SWly flow and a storm here around New Years. It's a long shot but I guess there's a tiny chance.

For you cold weather naysayers, the Euro 5 days ago was wrong about the strength of the high currently controlling our weather.. GFs too strong, Euro slightly too weak. Book it. Play dice.

Like I said earlier, the GFS is in all likelihood wrong on the cold but it has support in there actually being a more than run of the mill cold snap around New Years. Let's start with is there even going to be a New Years storm? If no, that warms things up some.

This looks like the same storm we had a couple weeks ago where upstate gets left out of it

Not at all the same kind of storm. It'd be snow for you, as depicted. It would snow to the coast of SC before ending, as depicted. CAE would pull 4-6 inches from it easy. Your area not sure, but colder temps, at least the same 4 inches+

Not at all the same kind of storm. It'd be snow for you, as depicted. It would snow to the coast of SC before ending, as depicted. CAE would pull 4-6 inches from it easy. Your area not sure, but colder temps, at least the same 4 inches+
how many inches for the upstate if this storm stay on the same path as the GFS is saying

how many inches for the upstate if this storm stay on the same path as the GFS is saying

"Not at all the same kind of storm. It'd be snow for you, as depicted. It would snow to the coast of SC before ending, as depicted. CAE would pull 4-6 inches from it easy. Your area not sure, but colder temps, at least the same 4 inches+"

Back