• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

It hasn’t been Carolinas year in awhile. They deserve it
But yet I keep missing storms to North,the Northeast,the East, Northwest, etc. Last night, totals busted on the low side for the Aiken/Augusta area. Ever since I moved to this area,I haven't any snow above 1 inch yet. Atlanta, Macon and New Bern have also struggled to get snow this winter. so not every area east of the mountains(only speaking on areas who are capable of snowing in the first place) has had it great this winter regarding snow.

Feeling pretty optimistic, about Alabama snow chances, seems like the GFS is coming back around to it's original idea of a good cold shot and a deep low.

Us Birmingham people have really whiffed though. The new year system only received barely a dusting. And then the next one just a cold long rain lol.

We also live in Alabama. Shouldn't expect snow every year . A dusting is a dusting you didn't have before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as these models have flipped in 24 hours, I am not exactly sure why there is so much despair today. The players are still on the field to produce so at the very least, not all hope is gone. 18z will probably yield another solution.

As to anyone "deserving" weather phenomena of any kind, the notion is utterly ridiculous. The only thing you deserve living in the south when it comes to winter weather is lack of it. Comes with the territory. Literally. :cool:

For what it’s worth and not complaining, here on Greensboro we have 6” for the season with an 8” average. So yes, we’re doing well, but not exactly hitting it out of the park. If we got nothing else, it would be a bit disappointing. The best part is that the 2 last storms were very cold with temps generally in low/mid 20s.
TW

We've already had a few systems drop snow this year . Not sure how anyone can really complain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really complaining but the big 8" snow Huntsville received early this month was sharply cut off north of me. I'm extreme southern Madison county (New Hope). I had only 1 1/2 in. The event this past Sunday was 1/2 in. that was gone by night fall. So, I havn't had a 6+ incher since end of Feb. 2015. I'm due as well. lol

I do however hope the Carolinas can get a phased bomb this coming weekend since it's looking more likely for them. As long as someone in the SE is getting crushed with huge totals I couldn't be happier. :)

Last edited:
Tropical forcing looks weak over the next couple of weeks, looks like there’s weak convective pulses in The MC/IO but not a real MJO wave, perhaps some weak 120E convection/IO forcing over the next few weeks, but this would probably translate to COD on the RMM, either way we’re entering a time where odds start becoming stacked against us B4527067-AA4C-46A3-AEC7-637DC2B9B3CD.png

Tropical forcing looks weak over the next couple of weeks, looks like there’s weak convective pulses in The MC/IO but not a real MJO wave, perhaps some weak 120E convection/IO forcing over the next few weeks, but this would probably translate to COD on the RMM, either way we’re entering a time where odds start becoming stacked against us View attachment 109751
COD is generally a plus, but have you looked at the PNA and the NAO ... PNA in particular? It gonna take a miracle after 2/5 unless and until afterwards ...

JMA with a Deep South snow.

View attachment 109754
That's the nirvana look we are looking for in the eastern half/third of the SE in this setup. Check out how far south the 540 line is

c1TAKDy.gif

yPzVHF1.gif

GoxjqJa.gif

That's the nirvana look we are looking for in the eastern half/third of the SE in this setup. Check out how far south the 540 line is

c1TAKDy.gif

yPzVHF1.gif

GoxjqJa.gif
850s look quite good. Would be hard for areas Aiken/Augusta, Montgomery, Macon and even the far eastern areas like New Bern/the Outer Banks to miss out on the snow with this sort of look. Too it's the JMA and that model is simply horribe.

850s look quite good. Would be hard for areas Aiken/Augusta, Montgomery, Macon and even the far eastern areas New Bern/the Outer Banks to miss out on the snow with this sort of look. Too it's the JMA and that model is simply horribe.
nir·va·na| nərˈvänə, nirˈvänə | noun (in Buddhism) a transcendent state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self, and the subject is released fromthe effects of karma and the cycle of death and rebirth.

@griteater was pretty spot on with his choice of the adjective ...

nir·va·na| nərˈvänə, nirˈvänə | noun (in Buddhism) a transcendent state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self, and the subject is released fromthe effects of karma and the cycle of death and rebirth.

@griteater was pretty spot on with his choice of the adjective ...
Ha, didn't realize I was getting that deep in meaning, but we'll take it!

Nice trend here on the GEFS on the runs over the last few days. Short wavelengths over the North Pac, but stronger Aleutian ridge, stronger trough in the GOAK, stronger BC ridge.....and Eastern trough backing to the west a bit as the wave packet drops down thru the Rockies

rixMiLf.gif

Back