• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Comparing the 12z CMC / UKMet / GFS gives a feel for the goal posts with the wave handling

CMC has a stronger GOAK trough / BC ridge spike and the wave digging thru the Rockies splits with one piece tucking down into AZ. So the splitting wave packet leads to a less consolidated system over the SE

UKMet has a weaker GOAK trough / BC ridge spike and the wave diving down into the SE isn't as strong and consolidated

GFS also has a strong GOAK trough / BC ridge spike and it's in between the CMC and UKMet...it tries to tuck a piece of the wave into AZ, but then kicks it out and a the whole wave sharpens in the SE

Just want to stay in the ballpark at this time range with a super-ensemble of Op and Ensemble member runs

ebcUHkH.gif

DdfMalb.gif

HkjOmPr.gif
All in all there's a decent shot here for sure. Thanks grit!

Interestingly enough this isn’t the donocane system .. this is a bit before .. a threat that has gone under our radar

If this is the system that I'm thinking of, on the long-range NAM, it's a cold core low that was reminding some of February 2020 (which was a surprise little event in Georgia) and has a thread.

Honestly...while I'm kind of wiped out...it feels as if with that system, that's what it'd have to be if it produces from what I was seeing.

Euro was a big dull nothing burger. Things seem like they are trying to avoid eastern Arkansas, west and middle tenn and western Kentucky. Action to our north,south and east. Nada to our west. Had one good snow here and too small ones. But we can’t seem to time right even when we have the cold. Everything is south and east. Heck the way things are trending storms will go from gulf to Caribbean and then the Atlantic. Lots of wasted cold in the western half of the south.

Back