• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

The good thing we got going for us now is the Cold. I believe within the next two Weeks most of this board will see winter weather especially if we can build a Taller WR to push these Storms further South. I think it could be setting up now For a big winter Storm across the SE.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

How is long range (>300 days) EPS looking? GEFS looks decent through end of run.
Starts to retrograde stuff to the western US by the end of the run, imo we’re gonna have a shot with that look in the first panel I sent, I also see some hints of wavebreaking on the EPS gonna have to watch for another - NAO from wavebreaking, what’s discouraging is the -SCAND which isn’t great for a -NAO to form 47B12656-3594-44B7-BAB2-765C81EE9E9A.png538B6F29-79FE-44E7-9777-04D3F03BDEDF.png4CA6C5E8-F681-4818-AE26-AE9FF916259E.png857C9CD2-24E1-43D0-9055-F2F8B962D803.png

Could be wrong and I do believe @SD stated a week or so ago that we might be able to sneak a -NAO in around the 20th. It fits well at the moment. SD and @Rain Cold have been on top of their game over the last couple of weeks.
Don’t forget my pattern change call for January 3rd ??

The GEFS has a -NAO back again in mid jan View attachment 101762
You get this look and the percentages go through the roof to get a board wide event and yes that includes the I20 crowd. This is the type of pattern that can deliver some type of wintry weather all the way down the I10 corridor. IF we can keep this look through the month I would bet the house we see at least 1 major winter storm across a large portion of the southeast.

As folks pointed out above, the modeled pattern looks solid for chances mid January. ?

View attachment 101763
I like the fact that the ridge out west extends up north of AK and that it's not too far east so that it would virtually guarantee a cold but dry pattern. North Atlantic ridge isn't ideal, but nonetheless, we can work with this pattern. The right timing could actually yield a bona-fide widespread snowstorm, and not some slushy mixy winter storm wannabe, given the cold air potential.

The GEFS looks fantastic for the rest of the month. every teleconnection is perfect for us. the GEFS has a +PNA/-NAO/-EPO/-WPO/-AO through the entire run. EPS looks good in the pacific. the AO and NAO look to stay roughly neutral before going negative towards the end of the run but we keep a -WPO and the EPO stays neutral as well. That is about as good as you're going to get it around here.

The good thing we got going for us now is the Cold. I believe within the next two Weeks most of this board will see cold rain especially if we can build a Taller WR to push these Storms further South. I think it could be setting up now For a big cold rain across the SE.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Fied

I like the fact that the ridge out west extends up north of AK and that it's not too far east so that it would virtually guarantee a cold but dry pattern. North Atlantic ridge isn't ideal, but nonetheless, we can work with this pattern. The right timing could actually yield a bona-fide widespread snowstorm, and not some slushy mixy winter storm wannabe, given the cold air potential.

Agreed, I like the look of what we are seeing...fingers crossed the models are correct.

I hope you gentlemen stock up on coffee. It’s about to get active. Eastern Tennessee folks, you guys look great for possible two cyclonegenesis with measurable frozen precipitation. As pointed out from an earlier poster, the telleconctions are almost perfect. Not briefly, but leading into February as well.

Also, having a kelvin wave eating away a La Niña faster doesn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back