• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

The southeast is a large area, that can be affected by different weather patterns. Is the current trend bad news for areas like OK, TX, AR, LA, MS?
East or west of the mountains score in very different situations most of the time. If it’s a cold bleeding west to East, you are better off west of the mountains. If it’s a CAD situation it’s better East of the mountains. Much more too it than that as well. Right now I imagine the further west and north in the southeast you are would be better.

The southeast is a large area, that can be affected by different weather patterns. Is the current trend bad news for areas like OK, TX, AR, LA, MS?
If we keep a strongly -PNA, then it's going to be hard for anybody to get any wintry weather in the Southeast. East of the mountains do have a much better shot than those west because you can get CAD at a drop of hat. the -NAO can help but we really need a trough in the Aleutians and even just a a little bit of ridging on the west coast can get us to score.

If we keep a strongly -PNA, then it's going to be hard for anybody to get any wintry weather in the Southeast. East of the mountains do have a much better shot than those west because you can get CAD at a drop of hat. the -NAO can help but we really need a trough in the Aleutians and even just a a little bit of ridging on the west coast can get us to score.
I don’t see how the PNA is going to suddenly flip. -PNA’s tend to last all winter, once started.

Can someone post the latest PNA forecast? Also do we cancel upcoming patterns on ONE model run? I'm kind of confused here on the cliff diving by some here.

Mon Bleaklies update:

1. The already known (because it is within the EPS and we already know that has warmed since Thu) late Dec portion is significantly warmer than it was on the Thu run by an average of 4 F/day in the E US as a whole

2. Jan 1-17 is colder in the E US by an average of 2.4 F/day. That was largely unknown til this run and is good news.

3. Jan 18 is unchanged. Jan 19-29 is 1.4 F warmer per day on average. My weenie spin on this is that this is the least credible portion since it is so far out and it is only slightly warmer, regardless.

Last edited:
Back