• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

Be careful with the HRRR. A lot of times it tends to overestimate DBZ and the size of banding. Im not sure i see a widespread band of 40 dbz like that. Itll probably be a lot thinner in reality.
1610124208339.gifWERE TRYING TO HAVE FUN HERE CMON ?? in all seriousness though I haven’t ever really noticed that before but also the HRRR low key damned us on Christmas so we must be worried at all times

View attachment 64290WERE TRYING TO HAVE FUN HERE CMON in all seriousness though I haven’t ever really noticed that before but also the HRRR low key damned us on Christmas so we must be worried at all times

Almost every model damned us on Christmas. That’s just part of life in the south. Always on edge. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 64290WERE TRYING TO HAVE FUN HERE CMON ?? in all seriousness though I haven’t ever really noticed that before but also the HRRR low key damned us on Christmas so we must be worried at all times

I apologize. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I just see it with every storm that HRRR has these enormous bands of heavy precip when deformation bands(especially areas where snow rates are 1-2+ inches per hour) usually verify a lot smaller in reality, like no more than 15-20 miles wide).

Yes it is. Also I pulled up some soundings from even under where the green is for rain from Southern Mecklenburg and Union then down into SC and that should be solid snow at that time with some fairly decent rates
i just need a few flakes to mix in and I'll be happy. God that's so sad isn't it!? lol

Back