• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

Does that roll forward or hit the Wall of Wake? Or do I already know the answer to that ridiculous question?
We definitely miss the best action, but the RAP changes over for a few hours just before the band dies out, but again the heaviest rates appear south of the Triangle. I don't mind being on the north side of model forecasts, though.
21Z-20210107_RAPMA_prec_ptype-26-36-30-100.gif

Not that I trust the RAP... (I don't even remember the last time it actually came to fruition). But it kinda plays into what @Webberweather53 said about the best dynamics being along the US 74 corridor. I mean, maybe it's onto something?
Yeah that’s just where the better cva appears to be setting up on the models. The cold advection initially will act as a cold front and entice low level frontogenesis for most everyone but the cva will be needed to offset the sinking created by it.

Temperature is still dropping here. Down to 35.9. I’m already approaching my forecasted low of 35. Lol
FFC expects the rain/snow mix around north Georgia to begin around 37 according to the AFD

At this moment, we expect locations that can stay at or below roughly 37 degrees Friday morning could receive a rain/snow mix, which may drop to the northern ATL metro and I-85 east of the metro in some locations but surface and ground temperatures above freezing will significantly limit any accumulations.

I expect maybe a little warming of a degree or two may occur once this first batch of precipitation ends, but if we stay cold enough tomorrow morning could be interesting for some more flakes flying.

Yeah that’s just where the better cva appears to be setting up on the models. The cold advection initially will act as a cold front and entice low level frontogenesis for most everyone but the cva will be needed to offset the sinking created by it.
Finally a setup where I might not get shafted, lol

Back