• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9, 2018 Ice threat

Problem is with the CMC, is it is way too cold leading up. -3 etc showing up in parts of NC. Can't trust it.

Canadian is just a glorified frontal passage. Not much to it; light precipitation; even if it were cold enough for ZR.

Edit: see response below; stupid TT maps :|

CMC throwing out a different H5 look than 12z. Looks much faster to me. Not sure how precip will translate. Wave def not digging like GFS was alluding to earlier

Well, what the Hell. Why are these Canadian maps, so wonky on TT? Disregard that comment. There is appreciable precipitation.

Canadian is just a glorified frontal passage. Not much to it; light precipitation; even if it were cold enough for ZR.

Edit: see response below; stupid TT maps :|
Yeah not sure what's going on with the precip but I see it tries to hold the wedge until Midnight Tuesday. Yikes

Looks like it’s coming down to if and how much moisture falls before the wedge can erode. Canadian paints a much different picture than GFS.
TW

To me the Canadian is what would happen if precip arrived earlier. It looks like it stays all ice until the end in the primary CAD regions.

Check out the IR before the model registers precipitation into the major CAD areas, more ominous; PivotalWeather maps will probably be better here.

I expect a ZR bullseye in NE GA/GSP when they come out.

gem_ir_seus_14.png

Back