• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

If all these waves die out. Doesn’t it help for another wave to be the big dog?

I'm starting to think that we may have to wait for a relax period. and then we introduce zr/ip. To top that off, we have to hope a wave is around at the time.

Is it me, or does the 02-04 wave look worse than previous NAM? ruh roh.

Looks about the same . In a bad position for a big SE winter storm . Need it to dig further southeast vs what’s being shown . Can’t happen with that feature off the California coast . That’s gonna push it on a SE course
5fbb6ac2300498bbeedccd6f60b6fc56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't necessarily excite me that JB is excited. JB get's excited over what happens in JB's backyard. If he mentions East he really means Northeast. This storm could and probably will end up burying the NE. When does that not happen?! Anyway, let's hope it comes together quicker so that we can get in on the fun.

He always forecasts a cold/snowy pattern every single year lol, even blind squirrels like JB find a nut. If you forecast cold enough, eventually you'll verify someday
Look at his winter outlook. Average at best for us. Yea blind squirrel is right but I hadn't seen anybody forecast as Dr out as he does and get it. That's the problem everybody thinks he is about their board. If u listen to him he is about a pattern. Anyway we shall see what storm does but figuring nothing much for me in piedmont

Yeah I’d feel much better if this shortwave was coming down through Kansas and Oklahoma vs Arkansas . We are walking an extremely fine line with the currrent setup. Thankfully it’s 6 days out but I doubt we see a 200 or so mile west shift with the shortwave track

Yep, we can hope, but if not maybe our SE GA/Carolina guys can take the hit. Still a good possibility of an incredible storm.

Looks about the same . In a bad position for a big SE winter storm . Need it to dig further southeast vs what’s being shown . Can’t happen with that feature off the California coast . That’s gonna push it on a SE course
5fbb6ac2300498bbeedccd6f60b6fc56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at it, the 12z run has the west coast ridge farther east which is what in turn pushes the s/w farther east. I'm not giving false hope, but don't jump yet.

I'm talking in general, not about you Storm.

What are the chances this thing stays like it is? I' in Dublin ga, (central GA), got screwed by the last one, an most of the ones before... itd be nice to get in on the action like everybody else did last time!

This actually illustrates what I've been trying to say. Look at that trailing wave in MT. It's faster and the leading wave is slower. If they interact sooner, the whole thing goes neutral tilt faster and further west.
I certainly wouldn't rule that out...I've seen it happen before on models that are 3-4 days away from the "event", and we're getting in that time frame now...Would certainly put the whole board in a much better mood.

Edit: And, of course, this bolstered up pig would need to do some digging!!

This actually illustrates what I've been trying to say. Look at that trailing wave in MT. It's faster and the leading wave is slower. If they interact sooner, the whole thing goes neutral tilt faster and further west.

As you indicated the only positive from today’s 12z run was the slightly quicker wave over Montana. The spacing between the h5 low in the Atlantic was tighter too. Even with that it blossomed into a sizeable impact to the east coast. At this range the Euro has struggled with the pacific, really with just about everything this winter so far.

Back