• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

I don't think that anyone in Georgia would regret even having a pseudo-repeat of this storm. My grandparents had just planted pine trees in their yard the summer before this storm and the snow was so high that it covered the fledgling trees.
I regretted it. I was still recovering from the ice storm from hell in Atlanta, and in partly cloudy, looking south where they were getting 20 inches of snow, lol. That was the worst month in my weather life, lol. Damn stingy bowling balls :)

I regretted it. I was still recovering from the ice storm from hell in Atlanta, and in partly cloudy, looking south where they were getting 20 inches of snow, lol. That was the worst month in my weather life, lol. Damn stingy bowling balls :)
I was living in Greenwood, SC then and was right on the line of getting 12" + and getting much less. I got about 13" and was more than pleased. I'm in Greenville, SC now and if I had been then, I would have been PO'd.

Yeah I just figured out what I'll use for this run but it's not what I want at all. I want to see what's at 500.

edit: Nevermind I found it.

tropical tidbits for 500 mb charts, you can at least get an idea, easy to navigate but basic

34da1e4b5279d38f6739df1f2a25cfd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We know that NYD is likely kaput, the interesting part is up next. I don't have the knowledge that others do, but it looks like the confluence might be lifting out faster on the Euro on my faster map.

Edit: Actually looks like not much difference now.

Back