• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

The problem is and has been where the main low of the upper stream was and the orientation of the western ridge. Days ago when the new years threat was first mentioned, we were also tracking a southern stream wave. When it went kaput you needed a miracle to get anything out of it.

The second threat on the other hand is much different.

I'm just salty right now. Really salty. I think someone in the SE is for sure going to squeak something substantial and snowier out on this coming week; I just wish the NYE/NYD threat would work out!

I'm just salty right now. Really salty. I think someone in the SE is for sure going to squeak something substantial and snowier out on this coming week; I just wish the NYE/NYD threat would work out!

May seem like a odd question but with the NS being so dominant do you think that places further south could see wintry precip which normally doesn't happen?

@deltadog03 you can chime in on this too.

May seem like a odd question but with the NS being so dominant do you think that places further south could see wintry precip which normally doesn't happen?

@deltadog03 you can chime in on this too.
Yes. It's not just the NS though, really. It's a lot of factors. Ridging and lows are playing a big part. But, overall, places further South have good chances this coming week.

The Thurs/Fri threat is still active for the coastal SC & GA areas in fact.

Euro is light so far but very close to 12z run maybe overall more expansion of qpf

Nice run if you ask me. More precip low pops near the coast plenty cold enough. Better trend from the 12z run. In fact I'd argue the low should be stronger and more precip. Great look at 500mb our flow is SW

Nice run if you ask me. More precip low pops near the coast plenty cold enough. Better trend from the 12z run. In fact I'd argue the low should be stronger and more precip. Great look at 500mb our flow is SW

What day?

I am liking what I'm seeing. A little more neutral faster and close to the follow up wave really catching it.
I loved the trend of the 12z run. The vort was trying to turn more nuetral tilt quicker positive signs if you ask me. And that look there argues for more precip anyway

Back