• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

I’m getting close to flushing it . I’ll glady treat the two of you to pizza and beer if we score next week
You are more moody than a wo...um, nevermind...you flip and flop ...you were posting on facebook tonight how excited you were, now a little while later? lol, come on man, stop getting so carried away by a run of models. I wish we could look back at the attitude people had a few weeks ago before some got several inches or half a foot to a foot. Keep the faith!

I got my major storm seems like now we are in the traditional keep pushing the storm back a few days mood that ends up caring us thru winter with no fruit to bare

Counting this year, Birmingham has recorded measurable snow 16 times before Christmas since 1900...and never had any more the rest of the season. I just can't believe that will continue, but wow, what a record if so.

You are more moody than a wo...um, nevermind...you flip and flop ...you were posting on facebook tonight how excited you were, now a little while later? lol, come on man, stop getting so carried away by a run of models. I wish we could look back at the attitude people had a few weeks ago before some got several inches or half a foot to a foot. Keep the faith!
Jesus i am excited about the next 7 days like I said . I’m sure as hell not excited about New Years anymore . A run??? Look at the trends over the last 5 gfs runs . Drier , drier , drier. Cmc has nothing for New Years . It’s not “ a run” it’s called a clear trend

Jesus i am excited about the next 7 days like I said . I’m sure as hell not excited about New Years anymore . A run??? Look at the trends over the last 5 gfs runs . Drier , drier , drier. Cmc has nothing for New Years . It’s not “ a run” it’s called a clear trend
it seemed to change after this GFS and CMC sucking...anyway, the last Euro was an improvement..so ....it remains to be seen. Also, tomorrow the NAM and SREF will start being important. And if...the New Years Eve/New Years thing blows...it changes things so that down the road later next week, things may pan out. This is so complicated that there is no way the models will figure it out, maybe even close to the event/non-event

The SREF is an absolute horrible model that is being replaced. Once again it failed for Thurs/Fri threat. As always.

The clear idea is for the Northern Stream to dominate any and everything that gets in it's way. Sheared energy galore. Nothing can dive. Nothing can cause SW flow. Not saying that will happen for all of the threats here, but the New Years Eve & Day storm is dead.

The SREF is an absolute horrible model that is being replaced. Once again it failed for Thurs/Fri threat. As always.

The clear idea is for the Northern Stream to dominate any and everything that gets in it's way. Sheared energy galore. Nothing can dive. Nothing can cause SW flow. Not saying that will happen for all of the threats here, but the New Years Eve & Day storm is dead.
it may have failed there, but it has done very well in several winter events over the last 10 years I've followed around here. It's interesting to follow the trends it has every time it updates.

it may have failed there, but it has done very well in several winter events over the last 10 years I've followed around here. It's interesting to follow the trends it has every time it updates.

Check this out, as it will be replacing it. I'm not quite sure it goes out the distance the current SREF does, but this will be useful! http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/href/

The problem is and has been where the main low of the upper stream was and the orientation of the western ridge. Days ago when the new years threat was first mentioned, we were also tracking a southern stream wave. When it went kaput you needed a miracle to get anything out of it.

The second threat on the other hand is much different.

euro looking less impressive than 12Z for start of something..through 78, but not the drastic change of the gfs..close

we do have a system at least with euro...it has snow moving into north ala at midday sunday, though very light and not very amped up behind that

Back