• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

So, I should keep my ticket for Storms train leaving the station...lol however, IMHO the NAM fired a HUGE warning shot. There is a mjuch bigger area of deeper H7 RH and some very good lift/omegas that is over the northern GOM and into AL and GA then moving into the Gulf Stream, call me crazy, but the NAM told me that if models keep trending this way, this would put many more of us in play here.A phase over LA would help many in GA, and the Carolinas. Heck maybe even South Alabama if** the NAM isn't a fluke on this trend from 12z run

They live in Savannah, Ga and Fayetteville NC. So I was seeing if we could get live cams to see the action while they see it possibly. They do deserve it, especially since Eric got screwed last time. No need to be greedy because more than likely interior Ga and maybe interior Sc may not get anything. U might tho.
Oh ok, I wish them luck they should get snow :)

NAM was actually close to giving some of the se islands of Louisiana some snow lol

nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

I was going to comment on that as well...lol hr 36 def a bit faster vs 6z run

Only problem I see here yet again is the s/w on the south shore of the Hudson Bay is digging more, we need this to remain weak and lift to give even more of a chance for our trailer wave to catch up to our main s/w

Only problem I see here yet again is the s/w on the south shore of the Hudson Bay is digging more, we need this to remain weak and lift to give even more of a chance for our trailer wave to catch up to our main s/w

I thought it was going to be a problem on the NAM at this range but the trailing wave tricked me by diving harder and further west than I expected. Hopefully, the GFS follows the NAMs lead here

I thought it was going to be a problem on the NAM at this range but the trailing wave tricked me by diving harder and further west than I expected. Hopefully, the GFS follows the NAMs lead here
Good points...chaser wave is getting pretty close by hr 60

Back