• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

I've been told many times throughout my lifetime (more years than I care to mention), that its almost impossible to forecast where and how much snow will fall in the deep south whenever this type of event is headed our way. Some people who are forecast to get snow probably won't...and some people who aren't forecast to get snow will probably get a flurry or two. Everybody enjoy and don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen this time...plenty of time left this season. Thanks to all the knowledgeable people who give their insights during weather events here on this forum, it's very much appreciated by all of us less in the know.

This and the fact that the woman is always right are almost as certain as death and taxes. The best way to anticipate snow in the Deep South is just to hope you see flakes and hope for surprises. Especially with a setup kinda like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what I've been seeing from the model trends today, I'm inclined to say 1-2 inches for Jackson, MS, and perhaps a dusting near Baton Rouge (if that). Do we have a thread for snow totals for different locations for the storm yet?

I think predicting 1-3" with localized 4" is fair. The localized 4" being more likely from about Huntsville west in Alabama and in the mountains. Would say less to the east, but NW GA counties could see up to 2".

All depends on the moisture, if we don't get the low, it could be less.

I think predicting 1-3" with localized 4" is fair. The localized 4" being more likely from about Huntsville west in Alabama and in the mountains. Would say less to the east, but NW GA counties could see up to 2".

All depends on the moisture, if we don't get the low, it could be less.
I would say 1-2" for North AL with isolated 3". With it moving so fast i will be surprised if anyone gets 4" in AL but you never know i guess.

GEFSUS_prec_meansnacc_084.png

Back