• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

Through 00z Wednesday . No doubt the ugliest run yet . It’s like watching a slow death

18z vs 00z
4913eddefc2850eb3fde2d03f57dd507.jpg
5b6c02a774f4aebd60f4ef8dcf9c5915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you explain how it's caving to euro, I'm just asking not being sarcastic LoL. I'm just curious that's all

Trough wise. At one time all the models had the big vortex sitting over MN with a large broad trough across the south, the Euro was really the first to keep the vortex well in Canada and also really sharpen the trough to it's south. The other models are slowly correcting to the sharper trough and probably the low pressure wave next.

Of course I say that and now watch the Euro spit in my face.

I will be be very surprised if the Euro doesn’t come in with some really light shades of grey at 00z. It’s just not time for it to go *poof* completely yet. That will most likely come late Sunday night imo. Arctic fronts are just a really tough way to get snow. You would think they could update the frontal algorithm to make it a little more realistic in the long range

Through 00z Wednesday . No doubt the ugliest run yet . It’s like watching a slow death

18z vs 00z
4913eddefc2850eb3fde2d03f57dd507.jpg
5b6c02a774f4aebd60f4ef8dcf9c5915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. To be honest looks like that all are matching up closer to the Euro and some of the esembles. I mentioned earlier when Kylo posted the 18z Euro Control that I expected a shaft zone if a small wave forms. Look at the FV3 and GFS tonight. The FV3 also continues to trend more separation. If this trend continues, it wouldn't surprise me to also see the two precip maximums and the minimum show even more. Can't say I don't like where I sit at the moment.

Attachments

• fv3p_z500_vort_us_fh84_trend.gif
    fv3p_z500_vort_us_fh84_trend.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
I mentioned about the NAM having that same exact sharper trof, helps enhance precip

Back