• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

What is the deal with the paltry amount of precip across NC? I would think the precip shield would have been much more expansive than that.
Not too worried about the model precip fields this far out, just need to get the synoptic setup how we want it first and then if that occurs, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

HP is in a much more favorable position to funnel in the CAD on the 12z GFS at hr132 compared to 6z run.

I am not counting my chickens before they hatch but it just seems like a Miller B/CAD setup is our most common storm type around here these last several years and I am just thinking that is where we trend. Temps are fluctuating in the mid 30's so that's pretty good this far out as CAD also trends colder and is underdone by globals. It's been so hard to get a consistent overrunning or Miller A track or get N/S energy to trend south to introduce better cold aloft so I am betting on the CAD setup for right now. That also doesn't mean ICE either. It easily could be that nasty cold rain like the 12z GFS just showed.

Back