• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Anyone have the gefs
Look up college of dupage on google and click what pops up. Then go to models and you have all of those models to view from .. when u select the GEFS models click the area you want to look at and on the left hand side there are the plethora of weather details you can look at over there .. what you want is in the “precipitation products” tab and then click “ensemble prec. Type”

Yeah it was warmer and all three major ensembles still look cold for the East/Southeast during that time period. Maybe it won’t get that cold...Wait and see game.

1cdcc557d1950628b0fcdac5a9e485bc.jpg

cbedc02f56010a42a1ef940996d922de.jpg

317d107f7ccc94614658a54b8f8b6888.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are they so bitter? Are they really being attacked? Kinda snowflaky if you ask me. And using an op model run to boot! Now that’s fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really focus on every run thats warm, and pay less attention to colder runs. I guess you really can't blame them a whole lost considering the past few years. If you had to bet your life on what will verify in the long range with warm or cold, you would have to go warm. At least this year hasn't been a run away torch, far from really.

They really focus on every run thats warm, and pay less attention to colder runs. I guess you really can't blame them a whole lost considering the past few years. If you had to bet your life on what will verify in the long range with warm or cold, you would have to go warm. At least this year hasn't been a run away torch, far from really.
and a torch is exactly what they predicted for January which is far from what has happened

They do focus on warmth. But can like you said can you blame them? I think every 11-15 day forecast has warmed inside day 10. It's Jan 16th and we're still more than 10 days from cold. This time may be different I don't know. After getting fooled by the models last week I won't look past 10 days anymore whether it shows cold or warmth.

Yeah, while it hasn't been super cold this winter, it hasn't been warm either and although I really should adjust myself to be looking closer, I don't see any reason to think that January is going to end differently.

Would guess that we'll see a couple weeks like this in February too...then probably flip (although this is a gut feeling lol).

They were called out on another weather site. Not sure what to make of their forecast. Eggs in an OPs run at length?? oh boy

It hasn’t been below freezing cold but we have been consistently in the low 40’s and upper 30’s for highs here east of the apps and that is still much colder than average and damn near ice age cold compared to what we have been used to these last couple of years. Also BAMWX is almost always wrong. They flip flop more than the sandals and they predicted a warm January that hasn’t even come close to verifying.

They were called out on another weather site. Not sure what to make of their forecast. Eggs in an OPs run at length?? oh boy
Posting an OP run. Not a trend but one OP run is something I don’t think I’ve ever seen a credible meteorologist or weather forum do to try and use as fact to get their opinion across regardless of whether it shows cold and snow or warm. Especially not when models have been changing from run to run even in the medium range. This strictly my opinion but they aren’t credible at all and people have been telling them that and they don’t like it.

Back