• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

I've lived through an evolution like this several times. It's still way too early to hammer out the details, though. I remember seeing reports of heavy snow in Montgomery and getting nothing but a few sleet pellets mixed with an incredibly cold rain. Mississippi is not too far to chase, though...hhhhhm.

Yep by then we will know if these trends we are currently seeing on the models are a mirage or not. Even still we literally have to do everything perfectly in this setup and send up a hope/prayer to get legit accumulating snow out of this. It’s very frustrating imo because if we had even semi legit arctic air mass in the prior period or some snow to our north we’d be sitting damn good rn and be looking at a really big event with a look like this. We are lucky this is occurring near our peak climo temp wise because it would have basically no chance otherwise.

“Chances” are stacked against us all the time - . Why so against this setup?
Omg look at that cold press coming in from MO & KS

View attachment 62564

Understood and agree.... I love the outlook next week and through later this month. Why no focus or love on the potential this weekend?

People have downplayed this but this bit of geography matters when we thread the needle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a lot of interest in the depth of the models as much as others, which is why I don't post very much, but when it comes to statistics, elevations, climate, I've observed and studied it. I've seen it make a difference many times with close calls. December 2017 was a great example.

Back